Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been looking online all weekend reading a lot of different stuff, initially was looking at newer models that would fit and replace my alternator. No luck.
So I wanted to ask here. What are some good aftermarket alternators with 110amp that fit my 2003 wrx?
For those that have had to replace their 2002-2004 model, let me know. Or just anyone that has knowledge on this topic.
Please let me know. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
I gave up and found an alternator from another car. Many bugeyes have been wrapped around trees by highly skilled enthusiasts so parts are readily available. When this alternator fails I'll do the same. It's worth buying the final harness clip connection (the little pigtail) that goes up top from the dealer; mine was burned out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a legacy alternator, i dont remember exactly how many amps but it was a bit better than the 02 wrx alternator

·
Registered
40 Posts
So I’ve been looking online all weekend reading a lot of different stuff, initially was looking at newer models that would fit and replace my alternator. No luck.
So I wanted to ask here. What are some good aftermarket alternators with 110amp that fit my 2003 wrx?
For those that have had to replace their 2002-2004 model, let me know. Or just anyone that has knowledge on this topic.
Please let me know. Thank you!
Back in the day you could take it to be rebuilt. Couldn't even tell you if they still do it.p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts