Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys,

well i am currently a prelude owner, and was thinking about selling it for a WRX, Lancer (2002) or a Golf GTi. can you guys give me some good reasons why i should buy a WRX besides its AWD Turbo?

My friend says that WRX's have probs with there AWD system, and the axle or something can fall off (not sure what hes talkin about)

heres a pic of my car right now....yes its a honda.. :(

·
Registered
228 Posts
im glad to see you havent put a ricey body kit and Airplane wing on your car.. nice 'lude.

The reasons why I AM buying a wrx may help you...

1.) AWD Turbo of course.. like you said
2.) The handling is FAR SUPERIOR to most cars ive ever been in
3.) Endless aftermarket options (as you would know too)
4.) AWSOME performance even stock
5.) Dont see them on the road everyday
6.) Cool looking cars and Reliability to back them

Those are the reasons im buying a WRX. I REALLY like the AWD Turbo feature.. but just as much the fact that they are a RARITY in my area. Where could you go wrong?

And as far as the axel thing? I dunno.. ive been reading alot of these cars... called "Research" before i go and blow 24K or so on one... and i have yet to run accros anyone saying thier axel would fall off...

Ever see those videos of this car in action around cornors and at the drags and stuff.. :eek: WoW!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i mean, do you think i should wait for the Lancer? i heard its gonna push 270hp....and could the Golf GTi out handle the WRX? considering the Golf is a lil hatch.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hmm dunno.. the WRX handles AWSOME...

Why wait for the Lancer?? I wouldnt bother.. Get a WRX. Even when it comes here.. still get a WRX.. I dont see a point in waiting for that long.. since by then the value of ANYcar you have is going to depreciate.. Trade the lude or Sell it and get a WRX.

I dunno much about the GTIs so i couldnt tell you... the only thing i know is that if this car can outhandle any other car made in a Rally... then my guess... it would outhandle the GTi as well... but im no genious so i could be wrong.. some one else will step in and post soon or later hehe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts