ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

After waiting 11 weeks for the car, I can say it definitely was worth the wait. I am a first time Subaru owner, as well as AWD owner.

Attached is a pic of my car. IT has an SPT short throw and exhaust. So far, I got body side moldings, 35% tint all around and XPEL clear. I also applied Opti-Coat myself which I am very pleased with the results.

I plan on getting an Grimspeed license relocator, mud flaps and shifter bushings which I wish I ordered with the car. I would also like to go Stage 2.

Glad to be a part of Clubwrx, thanks!

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
She's a looker! How to you like those tails? I have a 5-door on order and can't make up my mind regarding overlays or stock.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome! How was the opticoat application process?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome! Nice car!
Welcome & congratulations.

I believe we haven't seen many OBP STI hatchbacks.
Um I think it's DGM... Or were you aware of that and just stating the obvious?

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Welcome! Nice car!

Um I think it's DGM... Or were you aware of that and just stating the obvious?
Okay,I wasn't wearing my glasses.

I believe we haven't seen many DGM STI hatchbacks.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Welcome, and congrats in getting the best color available!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! How was the opticoat application process?
I was a bit intimidated at first, but it was allot easier than expected. I had a new car to work with, which also made it easier. I polished the car and got it the way I wanted it. Next, I did a complete dilluted alcohol rinse and wipe of the entire care and then applied the Opti-coat.

I think the key is getting the applicator nice and soaked, once that happened it when on like butter, just make sure you cover it evenly using a microfiber towel in between applications.

The water beads are incredible when it rains.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys,

It's Dark Gray, but definitely starts looking black when the sun goes down, especially with the tinted windows.

The clear bra also blends in real nice with DGM.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
DGM is sex....only people who don't think so are ones who bought lesser colors.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
I was a bit intimidated at first, but it was allot easier than expected. I had a new car to work with, which also made it easier. I polished the car and got it the way I wanted it. Next, I did a complete dilluted alcohol rinse and wipe of the entire care and then applied the Opti-coat.

I think the key is getting the applicator nice and soaked, once that happened it when on like butter, just make sure you cover it evenly using a microfiber towel in between applications.

The water beads are incredible when it rains.
I've been toying with the idea of doing this, doesn't sound too too bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts