ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A quickly strengthening Ivan is heading toward the Caribbean. It's now got winds at 115 miles per hour, up from 75 miles per hour earlier today.

Ivan is expected to approach the islands of the southeastern Caribbean by Tuesday and head toward the island of Hispaniola shared by Haiti and the Dominican Republic.

At one p-m, the hurricane was centered about 995 miles east of the Windward Islands in the southern Caribbean. It was moving west near 21 miles per hour. It was expected to turn gradually west-northwest over the day.

Ivan started in the same area as Hurricane Frances. Forecasters want people in Florida to be aware of the general path. Ivan is the ninth named storm this season.

·
Registered
297 Posts
im more north than you bubis, but i dont want it to come either. i have sap on from frances so i have to claybar it soon. Plus i work at Publix and everytime someone hears the words hurricane we get swamped.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Another hurricane? I hope Florida is the greatest place on earth to live, because, if not the people who live there must be crazy. That states gets hit with hurricanes and/or very foul weather every year.

I'm especially amused by all the old people who buy expensive houses on the coast and then act shocked when the first hurricane hits. The act like this hurricane thing must be some new phenomenon and they had no way of knowing:rolleyes:

Anyhow, to all you Florida peeps - good luck. Just keep looking forward to the time when it's warm and sunny there and cold and ishtty just about everywhere else.

·
Registered
342 Posts
MAybe we'll be able to buy places here in FL dirt cheap (when people move away) and when people want to move back later we'll make a bundle:wiggles:

·
Registered
40 Posts
to think I complain about the weather in upstate ny....if I was in Florida and there was 3 hurricanes in a row, I would be packing my bags for good....

·
Registered
109 Posts
id rather go through hurricanes than snow if your in the frozen tundra of north usa or earthquakes in the west and stuff. if you shutter everything and have a generator you'll be fine. cold sucks :D

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Chunks said:
well, ivan is coming for me.... on the radio they were saying to prepare for the power to be out for 3-5 days.
Same here, man. Oh, well, at least no school Thursday, Friday and possibly tomarrow too. I'm right on the wrb dot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts