Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first Subaru ever, a 2022 WRX Premium in Ceramic White.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

The car is quite good in my limited and unqualified perspective. My other car currently is an '07 Cayman S, and I wanted something under warranty with a stick shift to beat on over the winter and as a daily to keep the miles low on the croc.

To that end my first order of business finding a cheap set of 17s for winter, maybe even 16s. Braid sent me a template to check if a set of Fullrace As will clear the calipers, so we'll see about that. I'd love to soften up the ride a bit with a fat sidewall.

I read way too many reviews online and while I have not put even 100 miles online, I gotta say they all seem like BS from people parroting a few overplayed generalities. For example, one review said this car had a "rifle bolt" transmission, lol, maybe a Mosin Nagant. I gather most of you are on the same page from reading around the forum, a Miata these are not.

That said I think this thing has serious daily driver chops... I mean this in the best way, but the lack of feel from the clutch and the steering give it this Cruising-USA-arcade-sim feel. It's a bit twitchy on the highway but nothing damning. Oh, the reviews also said that these have fixed the rev hang issues of previous gen - okay, maybe, but the 1-2 shift still feels like it hangs pretty good. I haven't gotten on it, not planning on spending much time north of 4k RPM until it's broken in.

As far as the plastic goes, I'm all for it, I live in the yeehaw gravel and dirt part of Oregon.

Anyway, hello!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I just purchased my first ever WRX! Same exact one you have. Haven't driven a manual transmission in 15 years. Having a blast learning all over again. What part of Oregon you in? Do you know of any Subaru WRX clubs in the Portland metro?
Well bought! I don't know the Portland area at all unfortunately, I'm much closer to Idaho than I am Portland.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts