Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I just purchased my new 2019 wrx series grey in the beginning of April. This is my second subaru I’ve owned and not surprised to return back at the stable again. I had owned and enjoyed my 2017 nissan 370z sport 6spd before having my son and since then it was becoming from a weekend car to rare occasional use. To accommodate my new small growing family I now have interest once again to look into another potential new vehicle and with the help of continuous youtube reviews and multiple dealership visits I have narrowed down my selection and ultimately made my decision.

One of the contenders I had in mind was the 2019 vw golf gti in rabbit trim. I was able to test drive both 6spd and new 7spd dsg and as much as I was convinced that the dsg option was the way to go I couldn’t ignore the fact that driving manual transmission feels connected the best. Interior and exterior is very good quality as expected. The value overall reflecting off the price tag is quite good. The flaw for me was in the boot though a hatch with its flexibility and folding rear seats the boot was small when all the seats are up. Though this car nearly checked all the boxes that I would like in a car this flaw was enough to persuade me towards looking at the next potential option.

The next vehicle happens to be neighboring dealerships so i have decided to visit Acura and take a look and test drive their new 2019 ILX in a-spec trim. To keep it short and simple it is a nice looking compact sedan with a nice quality interior, mediocre performance with underwhelming dynamics. Plus the rear seats are too small for a baby car seat and it doesn't fold so the trunk is not flexible for my needs. Value is fair since the price is effortless to achieve under msrp but again nice try Acura.

The next vehicle I considered to look at is a civic si sedan. With it being the most affordable and best value it actually intrigued me more that it checks a lot of boxes what I was looking for. Fortunately I decided I want to keep my next vehicle long term and I don’t see that happening with the civic si sedan. Good looking car but would end up on the market for sale which is a process I don’t want to repeat so soon.

The other cars in the list of consideration were Subaru crosstrek, Honda accord sport, Honda ridgeline sport 4wd, Lexus Ux hybrid.

On a Sunday I went over to my brother’s home and saw that he purchased a brand new Subaru brz and instantly the “new car bug” bit me hard and we decided to go to the same dealership and hope for a family referral pricing. While I was there we found 4 wrx with series grey trim and these one specific had more attractive optional oem features than the other nearby dealerships didn't offer and the most attractive feature was the dealer installed sti short throw shifter kit. Dealing to get a discount was more effort due to my brother’s brz is a 2018. Fortunately, we found a 3rd party website with a discounted price of all 4 of that exact model wrx at their own dealership and they were in disbelief that they had to honor it and that was enough for me to hear about their dealership perks. (The discount coupon at the website was immediately removed the next day)

Now I am here and once again behind the wheel of a all new Subaru and couldn’t feel happier with this choice. To me this car is the “goldilocks” of what I wanted such as practicality, performance, safety plus all weather capable, good size trunk, interior features are comfortable and the 6spd was nostalgic to my first Subaru which was a 2006 sti. I surprise myself for not having to consider the wrx in the beginning but then realized that patience when researching and planning to purchase a car is extremely rewarding.

(Only pictures I have, currently 400 miles)

Attachments

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Welcome to clubwrx and welcome back to the Subaru family! Nice looking wrx you picked up there!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love that color, but my wife hates it. Sigh.

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sharp looking car. Nice color.

I'm surprised you considered the Si. The one I drove was one of the most uninspiring sports oriented cars I've ever driven. It was a far cry from my 09 Si.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also bought the series grey.. I love it, it really is a blast to drive! The “rev hang” still annoys the hell out of me, but, I’m not going to jeopardize my warranty by adding a COBB tuner to get rid of it ? At first, my wife didn’t like the color either. But now after 5 months and 3000 miles, she said that it is growing on her.. hang in there ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts