Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm Luis,

I'm new to the forums, although I've poked my head in a few times over the years (long time WRX fan).

First off I want to say thanks for all the info and discussions on here, it's really helped a lot in my research.
The opportunity has presented it self for me to purchase a new car. Originally I was looking at a 2016 WRX limited with 35k miles on it for $25k. I recently went to a Subaru dealer to test drive a 2018 model (first time). It was great, not disappointed. The 2018 model is a new car with 12 miles on it, the msrp on it is $36K but its discounted to $33.5k because it was the end of the year when I went. I asked them if they would be able to bring it down to $30K but I was told no so I left. I can tell they were trying to sell it though.

My question to you guys; how much lower can I get the car for, now that it's 2019? The manager was adamant to tell me that the price was not going to go down more, but I think he was just trying to get the most out of me. Is $34k out the door a good price for a last years new model? Realistically, I can purchase the car as is, I'm just trying to get the best deal. I'm not an experienced car shopper at all. I'm excited and looking forward to finally owning my first WRX. Any knowledge shared is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ps: previous owned cars
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Lexus IS300

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention kbb in my area is telling msrp for a good price should be around $32.5k, invoice $30.5k and fair purchase price around $29-30.7k.

I'm wondering whats the likelihood of them budging from 33 :dontknow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts