Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep them Red

Votes: 3 27.3%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Hellas (they were back ordered for weeks) and am planning on painting the red part another color before install... I need help choosing the color though. My car is a '11 hatch

Black
Silver
Blue (darker than WRB)
Keep them red

·
Æternum
20,962 Posts
I think Hellas look ricey. Just my $0.02

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see that.....which is why I have black and a darker blue as considerations.... hoping the dark colors will make them less noticeable....also figured the silver *might* help blend in with both the body and the rad.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
maybe im stupid, but you never said what color your car was.

cant pick the color of the hella's without knowing the car color

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
maybe im stupid, but you never said what color your car was.

cant pick the color of the hella's without knowing the car color
oops....meant to add that when I said '11 hatch.....must have been pre-occupied with something at work..... it is Spark Silver

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree they look ricey.....but i want louder 'get the **** outta my way' horns.

way I see it, horns are safety equipment, and need to be heard. with the current trend in bad drivers with ubber loud trunk rattling bass (I drive in PA...many threads have noted the bad drivers in PA), the stock just doesn't cut it.

the only quiet stock horns I can overlook are classic 'arooga' on a restored 20's-40's car, or the 'beep-beep' from a Plymouth Road Runner..... and that is only because they are unique.

To clarify, I am not wanting to add 'rice' to the car, I want to add loudness to the horn, and paint them a color to help hide them.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
I don't think they look ricey at all. I painted mine gold. I think black, red, or blue would look good depending on the rest of the exterior mods (if you have any)

·
Æternum
20,962 Posts
I have used my horn probably once in the last 2 years (and I live in an urban area!)

Horns are considered a safety feature, but most people around me use them simply to be obnoxious. I'll be honked at for shifting into first gear!

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think they look ricey at all. I painted mine gold. I think black, red, or blue would look good depending on the rest of the exterior mods (if you have any)
so far my exterior mods consist of tinted windows and SilverStar Ultra headlight bulbs.... I have a grillcraft hood scoop grill, but it is not installed yet. I bet the gold looks good behind the grill of a WRB rex though!

I have used my horn probably once in the last 2 years (and I live in an urban area!)

Horns are considered a safety feature, but most people around me use them simply to be obnoxious. I'll be honked at for shifting into first gear!
I hardly use mine either, but when you need to use it, you want it to be heard, else what is the point.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Horns have saved my ass a few times. I don't know if its especially bad in orange county but people in SUVs and minivans texting and driving. Next thing I know they are drifting into me. Idiots. -_-

Demon, if you dont care for the look. Just paint them black and they will be less noticeable.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
I bet the gold looks good behind the grill of a WRB rex though!
248843_1787857731893_1103040126_31592144_2665267_n.jpg
:) i have gold wheels as well so it matches. they're really not as noticable as you'd think though. from certain angles, you cant see them at all.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Horns have saved my ass a few times.
+me. I had to lay on my horn to convince a work truck not to flatten me a few weeks ago on the highway, when I had no where else to go. That said, I don't care for the way the Hellas sound. Personal preference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts