ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I already ordered my header for $345 shipped from my hookup and am awaiting it's arrival in the next few weeks (backordered) but I was wondering if anyone has installed this header or it's twin, the Gruppe-s V2, and could tell me their impressions. I know it doesn't get rid of the boxer rumble but what does it do to the tone? Does anyone have a sound clip? And how much power increase did you experience?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
scooby24 said:
Well I already ordered my header for $345 shipped from my hookup and am awaiting it's arrival in the next few weeks (backordered) but I was wondering if anyone has installed this header or it's twin, the Gruppe-s V2, and could tell me their impressions. I know it doesn't get rid of the boxer rumble but what does it do to the tone? Does anyone have a sound clip? And how much power increase did you experience?
\

I have it... The boxer rumble is still there, but it is very tinny, and higher pitched as compared to before.... Kinda like the bass is turned way down, and trebble turned up (i f you liken it to a stereo system).

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about performance wise? Did you notice any improvement to speak of?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
scooby24 said:
how about performance wise? Did you notice any improvement to speak of?
yes, performance wise, you lose a bit on the spool up, but you gain a fair chunk of power upstairs.. Very noticeable as soon as you jump back into the car after the instal

·
Registered
293 Posts
Jet hot coated? If not do you plan on wrapping it? I have the gruppe-s and wrapped it but plan on getting it coated along with my uppipe, turbo and downpipe.

The boxer rumble in my opnion didnt change at all. It made the car sound a little meaner than before. I didnt have any change in spool up I hit full boost no later than I did before. I think partly due to the fact that it is wrapped. And after the install of header I picked up 2 tenths in the quarter.

·
Registered
827 Posts
It seems I've posted these everywhere. Here are clips of my car with a Borla header and after switching to a stock ported one:
Borla: http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDk0MzcwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=
stock ported: http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDk0MzcxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=
The difference isn't as noticeable inside the car.

Here's a dyno graph of before/after. The Borla line is in black, the stock ported in blue. (The red line was done under a heavier load on the dyno.) I lost some torque, but it evened out the top end, and it spools faster. My average 1/4 mile trap speeds went from 105 to 103 mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts