ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the searches I'm reading about fitment problems with a Helix V3 DP, but not with the V2. Question - is the catted DP a V2 or V3? Or the real questions is are there fitment issues with the Helix catted downpipe for a MY07 WRX? I looking for an easy install with a 3" Maddad single-tip CBE.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yea sry i dont really know but i do have a Helix catless DP and i love it, and it fits awesome, but i have an '03 which i know it doesn't really help but it is a good product and sounds good if you were wondering lol

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I've only heard prob. with the automatic WRX's

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got an 05' WRX and I just went stage 2 a month ago with a Helix V3 catted downpipe. I love the sound with my SRS catback and the performance but for some odd reason its cotacting my tranny cross member (between the 2 frame rails) causing a rattle at high RPMS (4K+) and in reverse. I'd highly recommend the Helix brand name

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got an 05' WRX and I just went stage 2 a month ago with a Helix V3 catted downpipe. I love the sound with my SRS catback and the performance but for some odd reason its cotacting my tranny cross member (between the 2 frame rails) causing a rattle at high RPMS (4K+) and in reverse. I'd highly recommend the Helix brand name
I just don't know right now becuase i can't decide whether to go catless or catted so i am still looking. I just don't want to spend the money and get a downpipe that doesn't fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I decide to go with the catted Cobb DP - didn't want to risk fitment problems. The Cobb DP went on pretty easily and fits perfect.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well I decide to go with the catted Cobb DP - didn't want to risk fitment problems. The Cobb DP went on pretty easily and fits perfect.
I would love to do that but I don't think i can get that kinda money anytime soon so i have to choose something cheap, but thanks for your input. I might end up having to save for one, but i just want to not pay the extra if it isn't necessary.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a Helix Catted DP for my 06. I only get a brief rattle under 2000 rpm in low gears. Overall though I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have a Helix Catted DP for my 06. I only get a brief rattle under 2000 rpm in low gears. Overall though I'm happy with it.
Is the rattle from it touching something? And if so then what does it touch? Also where did you buy from?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I think it is touching the right side of my transmission case. It could be the cross member I am not exactly sure. I got the DP through Rally Sport Direct http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/
Alright yea that is where i got my AP from. Yea, well thanks for the insite. Do you know if there would be a way to possibly fix the touching? And do you have an automatic or manual?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine is definately contacting the tranny mount/crossmember because theres only about 1/4" clearance between the downpipe and the tranny cross member. I'm thinkin about buyin the STi hardened motor and tranny mounts. I dunno if its the solution to my problem but it wouldnt hurt to minimize engine/tranny movement.......mine is a 5 speed

·
Registered
966 Posts
the mounts will help with engine twist, and tranny play...thus making accelerating smoother an shifting smoother....look into a pitch mount as well to add to all the smoothness going around

1 - 15 of 15 Posts