ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyoen run across this? I have an 05 Rex and recently installed the Helix Up/Dp combo.

The DP brushes against a waste gate tube from the A/C that spits our water. IT IS MELTING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else had that problem? I looked in my engine after the install to peep my new pieces, and saw that tube there and through, hmm.. will that be ok??? So sure enough, after a few days of driving., it's melting.

Anyone know of a quick fix or have recommendations on how I resolve this w/ Vendor/Manufacturer?

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yes. There should be a little plastic clip holding the drain tube against the firewall. Pull this clip out and move it over to the next hole over on the firewall. stick the tube back in it, problem solved.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
word!

Thanks. Will I have to jack my car up to do this?

I just went out to look and couldnt get my hands in there cause of tha heat, but when it cools, should a pair of plyers do the trick for removing the clip?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice

Awesome link, thanks. Too bad Helix don't do this for it's customers. I have already melted a small hole in the pipe and need to do this ASAP.

The diagram helps, but since a local shop did the install and they are closed tomorrow, will I have to raise my car or can i do this through top of engine w/out taking any other pieces out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts