ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my baby is getting old. After thousands of flawless miles, it starts to giving me grief.

The car cut off and stumbled in heavy rain, but only when I get on boost. It also does it after car wash. Anyone experienced the same thing?

my mods: typical txs stage 4.

thank you for your help!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Entirely possible...especially if the MAF sensor is getting wet, eh? Other than that...where else could the water be getting to? If the rain were heavy enough and you didn't have the splash guard installed under the front end anymore I would almost expect it to cause problems. But..the after carwash thing has me scratching my head. Trying to think about where/how the runoff could be going. You are not hosing down the engine bay as part of the car wash are you?

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have the silencer delete mod done and about a week ago I hit a rather large puddle that got some water on my maf and soaked my filter. needless to say the car ran like ish and went into limp mode for three drive cycles. cel cleared it's self and then just to be sure I didn't have any water in the engine/driveline I swapped out the oil and diff fluild. car ran fine after that.

shorty ram or CAI = Stay the hell away from water!!!!!
its just that simple

=)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
could also have a crack somewhere in the ignition system and when moisture gets in there it'll hesitate bad... just .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts