ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my god!
It rained really hard last night and my car flooded with about 3/4" standing in the floor on the passenger's side (front & back). I drove it out of the water, and the engine internals seem to be fine, so that's good news, but I'm sure the subwoofer (under passenger's seat) is shot, and there's still a bit of water in the car!
Please, what should I do? How do I know for sure the engine internals are ok? Have I lost power? Have I royally screwed my car forever?
What's the best way to get the interior dry again? Does anyone have a subwoofer for less than $235 (Subaru's price)?

Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Andy

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Wow. That sounds like a bad dream :(
Can you use a shop vac or something to get the water out? If not, and there's still a lot of water, I would probably drill a small drain hole under the carpet that you can later plug with a grommet. I don't know... Yikes.

Was the car parked in more than a foot of water, or did it come in the windows or something? :confused:

Make sure water doesn't get into the ECU, under the passenger side floor.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
call insurance agent. ask if weather damage is covered.

If water was standing on/in the car for more than 3 hour, you risk MOLD and MILDEW for the entire life of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts