ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a picture of where all the heat shields go after downpipe and uppipe install. I have one that I can't figure out and will the turbo heatshield fit around my new downpipe? Thanks.

-Eddie

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
don't mean to hijack the thread but on a similar note... are heatshields even needed after putting aftermarket catless exhausts on ? maybe just over the turbo? if so where would it bolt onto?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
That looks like the lower turbo heatshield. I just removed mine because it was rubbing on my new downpipe. The upper heatshield won't fit over aftermarket downpipes either. You can do like FFWRX said and get an aftermarket one, you can cut the stock one to fit (there are threads about how to do this around here somewhere), or you can just leave it off.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I didn't put my heat shield bakc on after I got my new DP over a year ago and it's fine. I never noticed any sort of power loss. I wouldn't worry about it

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you don't have a heatshield, pop your hood after a drive. I could feel a lot of heat just standing infront the car. The whole engine bay was burning hot. I'm sure it makes a difference.

·
Registered
498 Posts
i took off my heatshield from my turbo about a week ago and ive noticed that my cooling fan doesnt come on as much, and it seems to work a little bit better. got my advice from a buddy who has had his off for most of the year!

·
Registered
498 Posts
me too, i guess the air scoop on the hood is good for 3 things... IC, cooling the turbo, and venting heat after use!!
and for people who havent look in the scoop, on the left side there is a slot for air to the turbo too

·
Registered
441 Posts
I bought the Speedmonkee heat chimney and it works great. I'm out of the country or I'd take some pics and show you. And it does everything as advertised!

·
Registered
498 Posts
ill check it out, when you can id like to see some pics though..thanx

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Family Guy said:
What heatshield works with the VF34?
The stock upper heatshield works just the same as on the stock turbo. (I dremeled mine to fit back when I did my downpipe. I think that you should have a shield over the turbo.) I couldn't figure out a way to get the lower heatshield back on, because my Helix uppipe doesn't have the necessary holes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts