Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a turboxs downpipe, so I had to do some creative slicing to get my turbo heatshield back on. Now the heatshield is pressing on the wastegate actuator post. Is the heatshield interfering with the wastegate's job?
In my head I imagine the wastegate being like a plunger and that post moving back and forth rubbing on the heatshield. I have been seeing some boost spiking, so this may explain it. :(

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I've cut off quite a bit, so much that I only have a places to attach it to the braket on the driver's side of the turbo, nowhere to screw it in on the right side (passenger). Because there's nowhere to fasten it on that side, it just rests on top of the turbo/wastegate. It may be time to ditch the heatshield.

Any guesses on whether this would prevent my wastegate from opening and closing properly?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have three bolt holding mine on right now, two on the drivers side of the heat shield and one on the way bottom of the passengers side, its a bioch to get at but I got it one there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts