ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some new headlights and I am trying to hook up just HID bulbs into the Projectors. I was wondering if that would work without the brights hooked up of if that will mess up the relays? its an 02 rex. thanks

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Did you get a full retrofit kit, or did you buy entirely new headlights with projectors in them?

If you got a retrofit kit with all of the projector components, you should have gotten one that's compatible with the stock 9007 harness. A bi-xenon kit like the morimotos has a small solenoid that opens a shutter in the projector, making the high beam. This is automatically activated from the stock high beam signal.

If you want to modify your headlights, do it properly or not at all. Disabling high beams so you have "HIDs" is stupid, especially if you are just putting some bulbs in the stock lights.

In summary:
-Could you post a picture of your lights? That will explain give us some background on what your setup is.

-Disabling your high beams is really dumb. If you drive at night at all, you should have them for safety.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts