ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought some laminx head light covers and am going to install them this weekend, my question is how do the headlights come out? is it just that one screw and the one plastic retainer? also how can you remove the fog light? does the light assembly come out or can you remove the whole thing? i mech. inclined enough to figure this stuff out eventually but it would just make my life easier for the knowledge or tips. thanks guys, i'll also post pics as soon as i get them installed. going on plasma blue car with blue headlight covers and yellow fogs...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Why are you in such a rush to diminish the already pretty bad headlight output of your car? The only lamin-x that should ever touch headlights is clear, fog lights I understand.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
You're gonna be taking your bumper cover off...so have fun!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one thing i am not is a typical jdm loving ricer, and i have the hid's and yes there not the best but im 25, i can still see at night its not big deal. have them on my titan didnt cut down the lighting what so ever so. i live in the damn desert so i dont have snow issues or any deer running in my way so how much light do i need. i have heard nothing but compliments on my titan with the blue covers, from kids to adults, ricers to hot rod to off road guys so thats my reasoning behind doing it. i live in cali were fixing up your car means customizing it not adding mud flaps and reflectors. typical forum answers i thought this site was better than that. simple question on how to not what not to do... thanks for the help guys much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Someone did reply how to. You will have to remove the bumper shell, something like 15 pop-pins and a couple harness clips for the fogs and you should be able to get all around your headlights fine. As far as the blue "tint" i agree that it's ricey as hell, and it does decrease the light output, but you are obviously so much smarter than all the people telling you this as well as the science people who have run studies on this lighting ****, that you should be able to figure this out. Get the bumper skin off and LOOK at the fogs, shouldn't be too hard to take out for someone who is obviously so much smarter than the rest of us. :rolleyes:

Sent from my machine gun.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok it said you have to remove the bumper, didnt say how what when where, so no help. im sure it does cut it down, visual testing no, doing a configurated test with "science" yea i 100% agree with you but if you guys care bout your lights that much im sorry... i have better things to worry bout. where do you come off thinking i said i was smarter, really gro up bro. im a lil quick to jump the gun because i have been on this site for a month and i all i read is the guys who have been here a while giving smart ass answers to us newby's. we ask because we know you guys have the knowlegde(smarter:rolleyes:) and are looking for real help. i have asked 3 differant questions on here so far and all of them i think i got one honest, helpful answer the rest were negitive responses. so forgive me if im not jumping for joy because you guys are calling me ricey. my car my mods. dont like it cool your opinion but i dont need to hear bout it. once again i have got 100% compliments on my titan so im not worried bout it. the last thing i am is a typical 18 year old kid with a jdm sticker,a watermelon shooting,rattle can, ricey person.:bs:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Really dude? Maybe what all the smartass answers are trying to impart, is do some damn research, A.K.A. use the search function. There are youtube videos on how to remove the bumper skin on a 2011, and if you spent any time looking you would see they are the same. I am trying to help you, two ways, teach you to search and to not be a retarded ricer. You say you're not an 18 year old kid, but your mindset screams otherwise. As for the how, see above; what, the bumper skin; when, whenever you want; and where, wherever you want. As far as caring about our lights, it's part we like to see and the other part is screwing with how other people driving see. As far as the growing up, I'll let the readability of my posts, the grammar and lack of a 5 year old typing for me, speak for itself. Also the fact that you think a "mod" that reduces your visibility is a grownup thing to do speaks wonders about your intelligence. Oh, and FYI, rice is more than just the hideous mods you describe, it's more so the person nowadays, i.e. a ricer attitude. I bet you do ricer flybys and rev at other cars.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, oh man that was good. i did research on the site didnt find anything. another typical forum answer," oh use the search button blah blah" cause that hasnt been said before. you simply could have said there are helpful video's on youtube and left it at that. in which i would have said thanks for the help. the fact that your focus is trying to insult me is what proves my point. the what when,where in cause you hav'nt heard is a figure of speach, not to be taking literal. i am perfectly fine with you guys wanting the best lighting availible, understandable, what part of that are you not understanding? my car, i'll worry bout the lighting. you trying to teach me how to not be a retarded ricer, i type like a 5 year old, and my grammar is off, boo hoo i ship you some tissue. its a forum not a legal document, im not to focused on it. oh yea and of course i speed all day and rev on mini vans,and think i beat vettes cause i passed them lol oh your hilarious bro. i have nothing to prove. i know what my car is capable of, thats why i bought it.your just further proving my point on typical forum crap, insults, insults and a hint of insults. lets be an adult now and leave this be. my thread was for help, not to argue and get in a pissing match over nothing. thank you sir...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also thank you. i did look up and find how-to video on youtube, i appreciate that but if you simply would have said that in the first place it would have saved us both alot of time...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
When did I say to search on here? All of the forums have some seriously ****ty "search engines", always use google, try nasioc, maybe try 3gwrx, there are probably threads on them on this. Oh and here you go:
Let me google that for you
Let me google that for you

In all seriousness though, it's not difficult to take off the bumper skin, 5 minutes at most, just look at how it's attached. Do the same with the fogs, probably a little clip or something is all that's holding them in.

As far as the "immaturity" thing, I'm just calling it like I see it, if you want to be taken seriously on any forum, try using spell check, and take a peak at if what you wrote even made any sense, it's just common courtesy, since we all have to figure out what you're trying to say. Yes it's your car, but you post asking the same crap that's been asked repeatedly, and post saying how you want to do ricerish stuff on a public forum, get the flame suit on, cause you will get burned. So as I said before, I'm trying to help you out, if you wanna whine, please continue, since it just makes you look like an ass, not me.

Anyways, Cliff notes: search using google, keep it simple and sift through the extra BS it throws at you, and double check your writing before you click post or reply.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just saw you found what I was suggesting, glad to hear it. The other link I posted should lead you to something to help with the fogs. Though, like I stated before, it shouldn't be too difficult to remove them, since they are a replaceable item. Good luck, and I'll reiterate that blue tinting headlights does look ricey, but as long as I don't have to deal with your headlights, enjoy your car, and have some fun. Oh and since you're in socal, you should go get that thing dusty in the dessert and if you like getting dirty join the dirty impreza forums.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
You can take off the fog light without removing the bumper.Not too sure about the headlight.

The foglight is held in place, I think, by 1 bolt.They can be accessed via the side vents.The side vents can be removed by pulling them in a backward direction.Shine a flashlight in there to find the bolt.It may be on the far side.After you have the bolt off ,pull at the housing in a backward direction to take it off.You may need to use some force.

Just don't break anything.I don't think you can buy the foglight housings separately.They come as a set & cost $300.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks i got the fog lights done already, just reached my hand through the lower opening and un-did the clips and pulled an it came right out.the yellow on the plasma blue looks sick. as far as spell check and so forth im just not going to go that far, as i said its a forum, its like texting not that big of a deal. not taking a english test here. as far as repeated threads i personally have not seen it asked yet, though i am new, i could see if i was asking what my first mod should be like there is everyday. this ol rex will never see dirt haha, thats what my titan with med. travel kings shocks are for. i race quads too so i see enough dirt the rex is my pretty, clean, lean, mean street machine.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
See, I told you that it probably was easy to get the fogs out. I'll have to pull mine out someday when I install some protector plates in there. As for the writing, it looks better than it did at the start of the thread, though I'll still disagree that it shouldn't look like you're texting, since it is immensely easy to type correctly on a computer, but hey, continue as you want. It sounds like you might not be inclined to go hellaflush and slammed, since you seem to like a more functional vehicle. If you ever decide to bring the scoob to it's original stomping grounds (dirt / rally) Dirty Impreza is a great place to get help too.

How do you like your King's on the titan? I'm getting some rebuilt struts from Feal set for gravel with the slight raise King springs for about a 1.5" lift on the scoob.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is 100% grocery getting, gym going, road trip going, daily driver of a car. i had dropped s10s and all that and even though they look good screw lowered daily drivers. my last car was a cobalt ss supercharged stage3 and the car hauled ass but was a driving nightmare. so stage 2 is it on the rex. any ways i love the kings, i had sway aways and a buddy had radflo and the kings are by far better. obviously its gonna be a differant set up but i have nothing but good things to say. i have had them for about 4 years with no problems and only slightly rubbed off paint.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Think I'm done going higher than the slightly past stage 2 I've gone (Ported & polished headers, x-pipe, and everything else back other than the turbo). Trying to keep her as a good DD, I just hate not being able to take the dirt as well as it should be able to. Got a build thread on DI & 3gwrx both (definitely recommend checking out 3gwrx since your driving 3rd gen too). Can't wait to get my struts and springs soon.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Well this thread got out of control.

Let me say that I have been on this forum a while now and it is not a typical bash forum. If you look at my original post it was a question about light output and nothing about rice and that is a typical response you will get on this forum. Just like putting HID's in non HID housings will be frowned upon for safety reasons and has nothing to do with "Rice" though I personally am not a fan of the look.

As for gregroot's responses look at his post count here. He clearly spends most of his time on other forums such as the ones he mentioned. Don't let that put a bad taste in your mouth in regards to clubwrx. I think both of you need to chill and stop throwing insults at each other.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You are correct, I hadn't hopped on here in probably 6 months, since I had forgotten it and some thread about a hidden garage door opener brought me back here. I used to spend a lot I think the OP and I are cool now, we'll still disagree on doing the overlay on headlights, but he doesn't want to go slammed or hellaflush, so he's alright in my book. Curb queens are like a women without any holes, nice to look at but ultimately useless. :soapbox:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts