ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked this before but never got an exact answer. Is there a way we can adjust the headlight level via a screw or something. Since I put my coilovers on, the front is a little lower than the rear so the beautiful HIDs have become worthless. Any help!? :mad:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
go with a properly sized phillips screwdriver and insert it into the opening at the back of the housing that looks like the screwdriver will fit into. clockwise aims the headlight down and counter aims it up. I cranked mine up rallystyle and now blind the oncoming traffic. On 0 that is. On 3 it still points to the ground and 1-2 is perfect for seeing farther without blinding oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you be more specific? Do I have to take the headlight out or what? A picture specifying the hole would be awesome, not only for me but for future use.;)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Look directly at the back of the housing. Its not a screw but an adjustment bolt. It looks like a hole with a metal part with lots of grooves. Should be visible when looking straight down from top of the housing. Play with different sizes of phillips screwdrivers to see which one fits perfect. As for me a flathead was available at the time and it did the job. Just a couple counter clockwise turns moves the beams up. Make sure you have the light on and facing at a wall where you can see if it is projecting at the favorable height. I put a piece of tape across and just made sure it was both at the same height. Sti's have the adjustment for the motor on the inside (0,1,2,3). Leave it on 0 when you do the max height or you will blind oncoming traffic. If all else fails. go to the dealer. If you are lucky they'll do it for free cause it takes only like 5 min.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wrxinfx said:
Look directly at the back of the housing. Its not a screw but an adjustment bolt. It looks like a hole with a metal part with lots of grooves. Should be visible when looking straight down from top of the housing. Play with different sizes of phillips screwdrivers to see which one fits perfect. As for me a flathead was available at the time and it did the job. Just a couple counter clockwise turns moves the beams up. Make sure you have the light on and facing at a wall where you can see if it is projecting at the favorable height. I put a piece of tape across and just made sure it was both at the same height. Sti's have the adjustment for the motor on the inside (0,1,2,3). Leave it on 0 when you do the max height or you will blind oncoming traffic. If all else fails. go to the dealer. If you are lucky they'll do it for free cause it takes only like 5 min.
awesome. I found that and figured that was the place but it's unclear to me whether or not you stick the screwdriver below those silver ( ^^^ ) or you use those to make the adjustment. I'll play with it later today... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts