ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking bout getting a header for my 02 WRX. So far I have a SR30, DR500 FMIC, STi Injectors, MRT UP/DP, B&B Cat Back, ECUtek, and some other stuff. I was wondering how much power I could pick up off of a header. Would I see quicker spool? My friend said he got better gas mileage with his HKS header. What header would you pick?
Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
246 Posts
Spoolin,

Were do you live in Spring Hill? I live in B-ville. I heard you blew the tranny in that car.

Go with the GT-Spec II. I just installed it on my and you will spool quicker. It is the only one I have seen many good shops back and actually say you will get a HP gain.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
weverb said:
Spoolin,

Were do you live in Spring Hill? I live in B-ville. I heard you blew the tranny in that car.

Go with the GT-Spec II. I just installed it on my and you will spool quicker. It is the only one I have seen many good shops back and actually say you will get a HP gain.
you ask where i live in spring hill but you heard i blew the tranny????? hit me up with a pm and tell who you are. btw i didnt blow the tranny, i just slipped the clutch a lil too much and with all that power and a stock clutch once it slips it doesnt grab :)

i had heard that i would lose a lil bottom end but gain alot on top. i saw where someone had dynoed the GT Spec and got like 15 awhp and some have dynoed the HKS and got like 25 awhp.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you notice any lag with it? if so how much? did you dyno the car before and after to see what kinda power you got from it?

·
Registered
675 Posts
if you got the money, i'd say go with the Cusco 4-2-1 header. I love how it works to allocate more low and mid range power. Gives an awesome OOMPH to the lower power ranges, sacrifices a bit of top end power, but the performance you get in the lower and mid ranges is worth it

·
Registered
514 Posts
The new maddad header seems awsome, its a replica of the tomei header made by the people that make the tomei header, it also is said not to reduce the bottom end.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
the gt spec header is the xx tuning header..

the maddad is the tomei

:)

at least that my understanding.

the gtspec/xx are VERY nice peices. i dont htink theres many of the maddads around yet but im sure they will be top notc as well!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when you guys say you have good results with a header are you talkin bout peak numbers or curve? has anyone had any experiance with invidia, cuz i heard from a friend that those are pretty good too.

·
Official ClubWRX arms dealer
3,814 Posts
SpoolinSuby said:
did you notice any lag with it? if so how much? did you dyno the car before and after to see what kinda power you got from it?

I noticed more low-end power/torque... before the turbo kicked in... :cool:

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
I saw you post over on nasioc that you had a problem with reading the charts from the header shootout. . .which I still have a headache from. I just sent an e-mail to the 'numbers guy' from that to see if he still had the core data. . . I'll update this if I can get that information.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts