Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
finally got around to putting my header and uppipe in. took apart the car last night, and put everything in today. took a while to maneuver the uppipe out, but i ended up wiggling it out through the top...with no removing of engine mounts and no jacking up the engine. did the whole install by myself, and it took about 4 or 5 hrs to take everything apart, and about 4 hrs to put everything back in. seems long when i look back at it, but it went smoothly, and nothing was complicated, just that stupid upipe didnt want to come out. no power tools either, so im sure that slowed me down also.

tapped the header yesterday for the egt sensor, so i did that as well today. just hooked up the sensor to my defi link system.

so i go for a drive...wait till the car is warm, then let loose. first impression? HOLY CRAP! this car pulls in 3rd the way 2nd used to pull. it was a little warmer tonight than it has been the past few nights, and let me tell you...it pulls now. i still cant believe how hard it was pulling. made quick waste of a new accord v6 coupe. started from 3rd gear on the roll, and through 3rd gear alone, i put 5 cars on him. low end torque seems the same to me. there wasnt a noticable drop in torque, since it drives around town the same.

idle seems SMOOTHER (?). i didnt get the shake at idle. the exhaust sounds lumpier, but oddly enough, there wasnt any twitching at a stop. its also no louder than it was before.

it had rained for a little while tonight, but i was driving around after it rained. the ground was still a little wet, and i floored it in 2nd around 3k rpms, and then the wheels broke loose at 3500 rpms. WOW i was thinking, since i have never broke the wheels loose in 2nd before even when wet. so i continue driving....then a little later, i floor it in 3rd at around 2750 rpms, and the wheels break loose at around 3250. !!!!! 3rd gear! so say the least, i was amazed. i really wish i had access to a dyno to see what i gained from these mods. but wow. now to go to the track and see what this baby can do!

here are some pics of what when on...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice!! That thing is a beast!

Yo, you don't mind if you can take me for a spin, right?:D I like to compare my stocky STi to your beastly STi.. lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
header: jet-hot 2000 coated, thermotec wrapped Gruppe-S v2 manifold

uppipe: jet-hot 2000 coated, thermotec wrapped Godspeed uppipe

inner diameter of the new uppipe is a little wider...lighter too.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sk1CL-S said:
Nice!! That thing is a beast!

Yo, you don't mind if you can take me for a spin, right?:D I like to compare my stocky STi to your beastly STi.. lol
sure, id take you for a spin...but i really hate to see grown men cry :D

haha, kidding. but seriously, it would probably feel night and day compared to a stock STi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts