Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know the best answer is to just replace the head unit with something better, but I really just want to solve the immediate issue I am having. My head unit shows that it is connected to my iPhone 6s both through BT and/or through the USB, and it shows what song is playing and all of the information, but sound won't go through the car - music plays through the speaker on the phone, not the car. The phone does the same thing. I have tried deleting my phone from the HU and then reconnecting it as a new phone and it does the same thing. The HU works fine with Sirius, so I know it is somewhere in the connection.

I had a similar type of issue with my 4Runner, and I got it to work by resetting the HU by pulling it's main fuse from under the hood for several hours, then restarting it all back up and reconnecting our phones (wife has 6s too). Everything now works in the 4Runner for both of our phones. It seems odd to have such similar issues with both vehicles, which makes me wonder if it could just be that my phone is getting on in years. Anyway, just wondered if anyone else has had this kind of issue and if a reset worked. If so, where is the main HU fuse located in the WRX?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Are you connecting it as a media device? My legacy had to be set up as a media device and not phone

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you connecting it as a media device? My legacy had to be set up as a media device and not phone
It is just connected as my phone, like it has for the past 3+ years. It had been acting up for weeks and I wasn’t able to resolve until just after I posted earlier; I tried one more shot at rebooting the phone after “forgetting” and then re-paring and now it works again just like it is supposed to. I haven’t yet tried my wife’s phone to see if it works again, but if not I will just try rebooting her phone too.

The tech stuff is cool when it works, but it seems like both vehicles I have with touch screens only partially function at any given time. Like anything with a computer brain, it seems like turning them completely off and back on will often solve the problem.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I haven’t been on this forum much lately and the new format has me a bit lost on trying to find threads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts