ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take out the old lights and put in bright lights. Im pretty sure they are called halogens but im not sure. I found some on FastWRX.com but i don't think that they are quality. I could really use some advice for which ones to get. I love the agressive look that these bright white lights give.

Thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
do a search for "HID Headlights" or some variation of that.:thumbup:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thos HID lights are mad expensive

·
Registered
314 Posts
not my last 3 kits off of ebay. search HID Kits on ebay and you will find lots of kits 6000k is the recommended light of choice. there only like 150 total for a kit for your 07. ive got a kit on my 07 and they work great!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ive seen lots of different colors and they all have different corresponding numbers. Now pure white is 6000k? and bluish white is 8000k? right? can someone tell me the real numbers cuz ive seen lots

If anyone owns an 07 WRX can u tell me the sizes of the bulbs...i kno one is 9005...but the otherone is either H7 or H3.

and also would you say these headlights are a good deal? http://www.xenonlink.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_42&products_id=64

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you need two types of bulbs right? one for low beams and one for high?

·
Registered
174 Posts
get the 4300k, its the best type of light. the hid's on bmw's, audi and lexus and so on all use that type. anything higher you will loose intensity. the 4300k has the most lumens of any other type. lumens=brightness. once you pass 5000k, you are getting dimmer and dimmer. once you hit 10000k, you are worse than most halogen lights. you don't need your high beam hid's, only your lows. should you go with both high/low, thats a lot of wiring for you. 2 different ballast per side. little overkill, but its your ride.

should you buy a cheap kit, remember you get what you pay for. you will always have the chance that the two bulbs aren't the same. one may be brighter than the other. oem is always the best. you should get an H7 adapter with a 4300k d2s bulb. all oem equipment. you just need to dump the drl and do the wiring

·
Registered
314 Posts
you don't need your high beam hid's, only your lows. should you go with both high/low, thats a lot of wiring for you. 2 different ballast per side. little overkill, but its your ride.

Thats incorrect i just finished putting on a set for my moms 03 jetta which has a single high and low headlight assembly, and it was just like a 50 dollar upgrade to get the high and low HID kit it only uses 1 ballast per side and the bulbs them selves are different they look like they have like a coil pack on the back of them. knowing that subarus have 2 bulbs per side i dont see why you would need a second ballast, im pretty sure that its just one ballast and 2 bulbs just ones different but i may be wrong now that ive thought about it :D

as far as lights + temps + bulb sizes i bought a set of 6k its recommended on every site ive checked and the bulb sizes for my lows on my 07 were H7's so check it out search around and see what you come up with. gl

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ok....for my 07 impreza i was going to get two kits...one 6000k H7 kit and one 6000k 9005 kit!!http://www.xenonlink.com/product_info.php?cPath=34_58&products_id=80
that is the website for the 9005s.....is that what i need?!

Items in the kit :
* 2 x HID Bulbs
* 2 x Ballasts with Secure Mounting Brackets
* 2 x Wire harness
* 4 x Zip ties
* All necessary wires and install accessories
* Installation diagram(English)

·
Registered
174 Posts
nothing beats stock. i would get the h7 adapter and use the d2s bulb rather than a rebased h7 hid bulb. but its your ride and lights. aftermarket is a hit and miss. some will last forever, and some won't. i go with what works for me. others like the other types. everyone has there own preference. good luck on your hid project

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thats incorrect i just finished putting on a set for my moms 03 jetta which has a single high and low headlight assembly, and it was just like a 50 dollar upgrade to get the high and low HID kit it only uses 1 ballast per side and the bulbs them selves are different they look like they have like a coil pack on the back of them. knowing that subarus have 2 bulbs per side i dont see why you would need a second ballast, im pretty sure that its just one ballast and 2 bulbs just ones different but i may be wrong now that ive thought about it :D

as far as lights + temps + bulb sizes i bought a set of 6k its recommended on every site ive checked and the bulb sizes for my lows on my 07 were H7's so check it out search around and see what you come up with. gl
no subaru uses a high beam hid. why would you? most people on hidplanet.com retro a high beam hid projector rather than using a rebased bulb. the high beam reflector optics are completely wrong for hid's. not only will you shoot light all over the place and down the road, you will blind just about anything coming your way too. not enough dark roads that i'm alone on to justify it. all good.

on a lighter note, you said they had "coil pack" looking things? got pics? sounds very interesting

·
Registered
174 Posts
one last thing that i forgot. the sti lights only have hids on the low beam side cause they have levelling motors. who needs an hid in your high beam if you can just raise up your low beam. hell, if you have the cash, get some sti lights for you car and get all the right stuff for the level motors too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts