Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

This is my first post. I have a 2018 WRX and earlier today I was driving down the interstate when all of the sudden I noticed the Hill Assist light came on followed by the TPMS light, then the hazard lights started blinking. I was not able to shut off the hazard lights so I had to drive an hour like that to the dealership. It is there now and when the tech pressed the hazard button they stopped. Pretty frustrating. It is still there and I am waiting for them to give me insight on the problem. I will update this post as soon as I know what is wrong with the car just in case anyone else has the same issue. If anyone has had this issue please let me know what the problem was. Other than that the car has been awesome so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the dealer has had it since Friday and they said they have to call Subaru to find out what to do. Apparently the computer is not communicating with the tpms sensors. The dealership said instead of throwing parts at it they need Subaru to advise on how to proceed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part is ordered. The computer is not communicating with the key fob either. They said I can pick it up so I can drive it, then bring it back for the repair when the part comes in. Warranty is already coming in handy. Now I can’t lock the car without setting the alarm off when unlocking. I found this out when I went to unlock it with the key. The alarm will shut off if I put the key in the ignition.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Part is ordered. The computer is not communicating with the key fob either. They said I can pick it up so I can drive it, then bring it back for the repair when the part comes in. Warranty is already coming in handy. Now I can’t lock the car without setting the alarm off when unlocking. I found this out when I went to unlock it with the key. The alarm will shut off if I put the key in the ignition.
What was their solution?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What was their solution?
I don’t know. I will post the paperwork after the repair so you can see what it was and the labor too.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
I don’t know. I will post the paperwork after the repair so you can see what it was and the labor too.
I'm glad you followed up. I read your original post but genuinely had no input worth reading. I'd like to know what the issue is. It almost sounds like one of the modules is bad, my guess would be the one that deals with security.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Attached is the invoice. They said it is a tpms module. I dropped it off on Thursday because they said the module would be in. I called today and the person who picked up in service said to call back on Monday because she didn’t know anything about the module or even if the car was looked at. She said the person I need to talk to was not there. I asked to speak with someone who could help me. Another person picked up and I asked him the same set of questions. He said they need to order a tpms module. I told him they already ordered it and originally said it would be in yesterday. He then told me they worked on it today but we’re not done. He needed me to tell him my invoice number and phone number so he could call me back. He never called me back.

Attachments

·
something else forever
2,387 Posts
Had the same exact thing happen to my 2014 WRX about a month after we picked it up - was fixed in a few days - glad it got sorted OP :)

{this seems to be common enough}

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called the dealer today and the lady said they were waiting for the part. I asked about a loaner car and they are all used up due to a recall. I then asked to speak with the person who was handling my situation. All of the sudden the part was there and they were going to have it done today. I called back later at the end of their hours and they said the modules they replaced had no effect and they have to call Subaru in the morning. Too bad they don’t have to pick up the tab on a rental car being that it is still under the 36000 mile warranty.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
I called the dealer today and the lady said they were waiting for the part. I asked about a loaner car and they are all used up due to a recall. I then asked to speak with the person who was handling my situation. All of the sudden the part was there and they were going to have it done today. I called back later at the end of their hours and they said the modules they replaced had no effect and they have to call Subaru in the morning. Too bad they don’t have to pick up the tab on a rental car being that it is still under the 36000 mile warranty.
I don't know that I've ever received a loaner car for warranty work, although I can see your frustrations.

I'm wondering if it's a wheel speed sensor or a body control module. Have you replaced brakes or have any aftermarket stereos or lighting?

·
something else forever
2,387 Posts
I don't know that I've ever received a loaner car for warranty work, although I can see your frustrations.

I'm wondering if it's a wheel speed sensor or a body control module. Have you replaced brakes or have any aftermarket stereos or lighting?
I thought warranty work always came with a loaner from the dealership? Both of the times I had a warranty claim (took about a week each time) I was given a loaner with no restrictions other than returning it with the correct amount of gasoline. That's strange.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I picked up my car last Saturday unfixed because I had to drive to Kansas City from Indiana for work and they were still waiting for more parts. When I picked it up there were scratches in the driver side passenger door. I noticed them when I pulled in my driveway. I took photos and immediately called Bob Rohrman Subaru and took it back in. The service manager took pictures and said they will fix it. When I got back from Kansas last Saturday I called them asking if the parts were in and they said no. I asked about scheduling a loner car for when the parts came in and this time the excuse was that they were all being used for an animal rescue. I am beyond frustrated with these people.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts