Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2012 WRX its tuned and has many extras but its done right. I love the car I'm just having trouble getting use to the clutch.I have rode dirt bikes and 4 wheelers all my life, drove a stick for years. I'm not a noob when it comes to driving a stick but this is my first stage 2 clutch. when I first started driving the car I slightly burnt the clutch a few times probably like 8 times. It seems like its either engaged or not I only have trouble on slight hills or worse. I try and lightly feather the clutch at a low rpm like 1500 to 1800 and engage the clutch to get moving and I'm being as easy as I can and I get a slight smell. idk what I'm doing wrong I was thinking maybe I should just practice on letting the clutch out a pinch faster once I start moving that way I'm not heating the plates up like that any skilled drivers that use to have this problem in their early days of having a higher performance clutch please id love to hear some wisdom. ( practice, practice, practice is the key I know and I have been )

·
Registered
468 Posts
I learned stick on a stage 2 clutch. Have it in my wrx right now, I would say find where it grabs and slowly let let it out as you give it a little amount of gas. It really doesn't take much gas to get it going so just get a feel for it. I can sometimes move my car with just letting the clutch out slowly and not even giving it gas. FYI, every clutch you feel after your stage 2 will be ridiculously soft and almost hard to drive.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
But what clutch do you actually have?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts