ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
past few days i have noticed that i need to try several time to get my car to lock or open with the key pad... sometimes i need to press it like 10 times. then i noticed a decrease in performance (primarily throttle response) and just tonight i noticed that my cd player lights are QUITE dim, as well as my mileage and tripometer light.

i am assuming this is the alternator because if memory serves, there was a recall on them for the 02' which is what i have.

also, i have catless full exhaust.... i really dont to take it off to just get the alternator replaced.... do you guys think they could *bullsh!t* their way through ligitimently blaming this on the exhaust?

thanks

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
461 Posts
If there was in fact a recall on faulty alternators they are obligated to replace it, exhaust or no exhaust I believe.

Even under a warranty repair situation, I think they would be hard pressed to prove exhaust caused a faulty alternator, but that's not to say they wouldn't try. I don't think you need to worry in this case if there is a recall though.

·
Registered
818 Posts
how does it start? does it start like a champ or seem to fight you? if it starts fine that means that your battery is being charged fine which means that your altermator is fine. it could be a few little things like the batteries being low on your keyless entry remote and accidentally turning the dimming switch down on the turn signals. im not saying that it couldnt be the altermator, but if it seems like its charging the battery fine, i would assume that it was fine also.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
They might pull a "powertrain" warranty on you, but I doubt it.

There is no way that the exhaust -- nothing more than a replacement 'pipe' could cause your alternator to f*ck up considering there are no electronics attached to it.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trailboss said:
They might pull a "powertrain" warranty on you, but I doubt it.

There is no way that the exhaust -- nothing more than a replacement 'pipe' could cause your alternator to f*ck up considering there are no electronics attached to it.
i am not worried about that... i have an extended bumper to bumper until 60k miles.
i am only at 20k miles.

the car WILL start, but i notice that if the cars been off for a while than it will struggle for a second or two. is there a dimming switch for the radio lights, and gauges??

but how would u guys explain the loss in throttle response, dim lights, remote not working right, and start up not as fast??

could it just be the cars battery? and was i wrong, was there an alternator recall on the 02' rex??
and where could i find a battery for my remote... (please dont say dealer **gets anal lube ready**)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
162 Posts
DTR maxima said:
although, my remote key pad still isnt working right... could it be the battery? where can i get a new one?
It could be. Probably any place that you can get a watch or hearing aid battery. It went out on our Odyssey and we replaced it. Although, it hardly ever works anymore. Maybe the connection is dirty or something.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts