Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a reasonable price that is. Got a 2017 WRX limited in black with 14k miles on it. I'm trying to trade it in on a 13-14 accord and dealers are low balling the **** off me.

I received an offer for 22k yesterday. Trade in kbb is about 25. He said he would come up if I was willing to buy immediately but I wasn't. Any tips on how to get rid of an almost new car and not get boned. I had it on craigslist twice last year without a single bite.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Trading in a 1 year old car you are always going to get screwed.

·
Æternum
15,859 Posts
Selling a car after one year and complaining about residual loss?

What did you expect??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Obviously it's not ideal. That doesn't mean I don't want to get the best deal possible. I was actually offered 28k for it 5 months after I bought it as trade in on a tacoma. ..I just didn't like the truck. I'm a good negotiator, mainly because I'm coming from a position of strength. I don't need to sell it at all. ..I can walk away from ten deals to find the one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
if they offered you 25k if you buy immediately, they will offer you 25k again.

I never use this tactic, but no dealer will give you 25k one day and take it back when you decide to buy. (it comes down to if they want a car deal or not)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if they offered you 25k if you buy immediately, they will offer you 25k again.

I never use this tactic, but no dealer will give you 25k one day and take it back when you decide to buy. (it comes down to if they want a car deal or not)
He didn't say specifically he'd do 25k just said he'd come up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where are you located? I have a coworker looking at replacing his BMW 3 series for a newer used WRX in the near future. Only wants a 2015 or newer model. He lives in the Winchester VA area.

·
Banned
289 Posts
FYI..a position of power would be cash.

not a trade in on a 1 year old car.

·
Super Moderator
11,426 Posts
You genuinely are a lost puppy. You have a high mileage 1 year old car.

Before you buy the accord you know it's not a pickup truck and won't accelerate like a ferrari

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well that's not necessarily high mileage--what I drive, 20K a year--would be high mileage--but I feel your pain.

22K is def too low. 25K would even be low for a limited that they will turn around and sell for 29-30K.

In any event, trying to trade in on a used Honda seems like a no-win proposition. If you tried to trade it in on a new car at a dealership that sells Subarus, I could see you getting a better deal. I've heard of many situations where someone traded in a relatively new car or RV for a more expensive upgrade and got a good deal. That way, the dealer can move new inventory, plus have a good condition used vehicle to sell. They would make more money on the new vehicle than the old...

·
Super Moderator
11,426 Posts
what's wrong with the car? :(
The car is flawless. There is a problem with him. He expected fast and furious out of a heavy modestly powered all wheel drive sedan

·
Banned
289 Posts
The car is flawless. There is a problem with him. He expected fast and furious out of a heavy modestly powered all wheel drive sedan

and a toy haulin Baja 500 winning beast of a truck out of a 6 cylinder poorly economical pretend truck

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You genuinely are a lost puppy. You have a high mileage 1 year old car.

Before you buy the accord you know it's not a pickup truck and won't accelerate like a ferrari

You are a moron. 14k in 14 months of ownership is high mileage?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts