ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called my dealer to place an order for my '12 wrx and I'm told that Subaru has stop production on the '12s and are retooling for the '13s. Anyone else heard of this? I might have to wait a month before I can even order :(

~Daax~

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Orders stopped a while ago on 12's. If you want a 12 you are either going to have to find one on a dealer lot or wait until the 13's are available for order.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Seems like a normal time of year to begin the retool for the next production cycle.

On a more hilarious note..

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I actually saw a couple of WRXs at a dealer lot I was at last week.I saw one at the dealer I was at yesterday.

I also wish Fuji made up their minds since I too am looking at buying.In my case I'm looking at an XT.They say it will remain the same for 2013(maybe) with changes in 2014.But before committing to the XT I would love to see what the new XV has to offer.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I actually saw a couple of WRXs at a dealer lot I was at last week.I saw one at the dealer I was at yesterday.

I also wish Fuji made up their minds since I too am looking at buying.In my case I'm looking at an XT.They say it will remain the same for 2013(maybe) with changes in 2014.But before committing to the XT I would love to see what the new XV has to offer.
I was under the impression that the XV was just an Impreza with FXT springs essentially. Basically a new Outback Sport. From the reviews I read, there wasn't much to justify the added cost over the base Impreza, unless the small ride height bump was really important, and you didn't want a Forester.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I was under the impression that the XV was just an Impreza with FXT springs essentially. Basically a new Outback Sport. From the reviews I read, there wasn't much to justify the added cost over the base Impreza, unless the small ride height bump was really important, and you didn't want a Forester.
I saw the XV at the NY auto show.It does look a lot bigger than an Impreza.Also no word on the exact pricing.Or what trims & whether a turbo version is available.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Seems like a normal time of year to begin the retool for the next production cycle.

HOLY HELL I JUST SAW THIS AND WAS GOING TO COME HERE TO POST THIS VID! SORRY FOR YELLING AT YOU. WE MUST BE LIKE BROTHERS OR SOMETHING! OK I'M DONE YELLING NOW!

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
HOLY HELL I JUST SAW THIS AND WAS GOING TO COME HERE TO POST THIS VID! SORRY FOR YELLING AT YOU. WE MUST BE LIKE BROTHERS OR SOMETHING! OK I'M DONE YELLING NOW!
I WAS GOING TO POST THIS TOO. WE MUST BE LIKE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OR SOMETHING!

Reactions: Mikie13

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I called my dealer to place an order for my '12 wrx and I'm told that Subaru has stop production on the '12s and are retooling for the '13s. Anyone else heard of this? I might have to wait a month before I can even order :(

~Daax~
I was told the same thing by every dealer in my area. And all of them tried to get me to order the BRZ instead.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I saw the XV at the NY auto show.It does look a lot bigger than an Impreza.Also no word on the exact pricing.Or what trims & whether a turbo version is available.
Hmm, the reviews I read on the Euro-spec model said it's a lifted Impreza hatch with a different fascia. It does have exactly the same interior cargo space as the Impreza hatch. Maybe the different bodywork makes it look bigger?

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek: Drive Review - Autoweek

I would be very interested in the diesel model they mention in the article, if it ever came over here (doubt it). Too bad we also lose out on the six speed that Europe gets...
My wife and I are looking for some sort of light duty tow vehicle in the next couple years for towing quads or the like, and a diesel version of this would be well-suited to the task. The wife's hybrid couldn't tow a Radio Flyer, and the WRX is getting a trailer hitch over my dead body.

·
Æternum
20,561 Posts

Dammit beat me to it! I came in here with the sole intention of posting that exact link!

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the replies everyone. i placed my order for a 2013 today!! but it might not get here till august or september...boo...

~Daax~

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
thanks for the replies everyone. i placed my order for a 2013 today!! but it might not get here till august or september...boo...

~Daax~
Grats! You ordered a 2013?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts