ClubWRX Forum banner

Have you "gasp" BEATEN AN EVO!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

• Yes I did, ate dat ***** like Eggs and Steak

Votes: 145 73.6%
  • Naw, got hurt when the 4G63 boosted by me

Votes: 52 26.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Their is a similar poll on the Evo boards located here. http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=95538

So I am going to be unoriginal and copy and change one word, STI to Evo.

So Have you beaten an Evo? Post your loss or win and the circumstances, a Win is a win no matter the WHO the WHICH WHY WHEN WHERE.

Post and poll please.....

BTW here is a NICE Top Gear Vid of an Evo Vs. STi Vs. S4....

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album42/Top_Gear_Evo_STi_S4.avi

And FINALLY, if you wana piece, legit, here si the When and where to be, I'll be here BTW.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607558

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes, I've beaten my cousin's EVO a couple of times on some highway pulls (60-100 mph). He has a Helix downpipe, p&p 02 housing, Helix cat-delete, Helix cat-back, S-afc II and a Blitz SBC boost controller (set at 1.75 bar). I put only about half to a full car length on him...they have been very close races.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I've beaten a few evo's, but I've gotten chewed up by 2 also.

One evo was completely stock. we ran from ~55 - 110 and I walked away from him the whole race. Wasn't even close.

Another one was an evo that at least had catless exhaust. I started the race 1 carlength behind him at 60mph and walked away from him....

When I was stage 2 I raced an evo and it was close. we were pretty much neck and neck the whole way.

I ran into an evo about 3 weeks ago that had all the goodies and I got totally torched. wasn't even close. He was spraying...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats good, I see we have a lot of Evo killahs in the Group. 340WWHP is a FAST Scooby. Any one going to make it to Englisshtown on Sept 11th???? Big race day.....

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I'm gonna try to make it out. I may have other commitments on that day seeing as it is when it is... :( Gonna try my best to make it out. Should be a good time and it might promote something more fromal in years to come!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I keep trying to get into races with them.

They just ignore me - which is crazy cause Im about 250 WHP.
Must be cause Im in a wagon. I need a monster tach and a big fcuk-off shift light on my dash.

I cant vote. Damnit.

·
Banned
997 Posts
My Chevelle would wax an evo clean off the track for about 3/4 mile then it would run out of gears..... My good buddy has a new evo and i love it! i ll throw pics of it up sometime on this forum.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I voted no, but it might have been a yes had I actually not bogged the launch. He pulled a car length on me with the launch, then I hung with him till about 70. He was damn quick, and I felt good for keeping up with him. We exchanged thumbs up at the next light.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Ihave tried torace a few but the never want to play. Also have been to he track and have never lined up with one. Also there are 2 of them that live by me but the dont want to play either. Its cause they see my big fmic and get scared. J/K:D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I raced a red one a while back and bogged the launch real bad and he got the jump. I was reeling him in but we both chilled out due to authority up ahead. Very cool guy, he lives in milford, CT but I forget his name, he was bone stock and I had a bigger turbo, and screwed the launch like I would a $2 (y'know)

The other time I was minding my own, when this guy in a blue one with his friend and two girls got off rt8 to follow me and get me. We did a few roll ons, and I let him get the jump and pulled on him. I think he had exhaust and some other stuff but he was a big guy and so were the other three people.

My only two encounters thus far. I voted yes because I think I could have won the first time if I wasn't such an idiot. And he refused to race again.

·
Registered
664 Posts
i lost when i was bone stock... but won with Cobb stage II.
The loss was bad, and the win wasnt by much... Evo's are great machines

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have beaten :

1. Stock evo when I was stage 2
2. Stock evo when I was stage 4:D ...picken on em
3. Evo w/ecu, boost controller, turbo back...3-4 cars minimum
4. Evo w/ all the above, plus cams, intake, couple other tricks...that one was a tie...neck and neck. He had 340whp

Those are my evo kills...never lost...thank god.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts