ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ladies and germs , my mother is taking me to costco to get new tires .. :rotfl: .. she knows sum1 there and will give us 15 % off any tires we want .. i want all seasons but ones that perform good in winter .. you guys got any opinions on a good brand that work well in snow and summer ? they cant be like super aftermarket since its coscto lol

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Go to a tire shop that actually has good rubber and negotiate 15% off yourself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello ladies and germs , my mother is taking me to costco to get new tires .. :rotfl: .. she knows sum1 there and will give us 15 % off any tires we want .. i want all seasons but ones that perform good in winter .. you guys got any opinions on a good brand that work well in snow and summer ? they cant be like super aftermarket since its coscto lol
youd have to give us the brands they carry really... im not sure what youll find there

Go to a tire shop that actually has good rubber and negotiate 15% off yourself.
+1

·
Peachypumpkincheeks
8,621 Posts
You know, it's be cheaper just to order some high-rated, reputable all-season tires off of tirerack.com. You'll save more than the 15% at Costco. (Installation is a whole 'nother story).

I bought my all-season Kumho Ecsta ASX's off of Tirerack for about $64.00 a pop. Plus they arrived at my door in 2 days. Sweetness!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
On their day, Costco can be a good source for reputable rubber. They carry Michelin and at least in my area carried the Pilot Sport A/S last I looked. Co$tly but worth it for an all-season, they are among the tops.

Keep in mind though that they will only mount what sizes are listed, so if you want to go from a 205/55 to, say, a 225,50, it won't happen in their shop.

If you do go to Costco and decide you're in for a penny, in for a pound, then buy the most expensive Michelin all-season they carry, and if it's not the top of the range, ask if they can get that for you instead.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like the new Goodyear's they worked really good in the wet stuff. yes we get that in Nevada lol well in Reno. I think they where the Goodyear eagles have the Kevlar belt? I have no idea it they will have them but thought id put in my two cents.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i know the re-92's give a bad name to all bridgestones, but conser the re960's. good tire, lots of siping, excellent all weather handling. my old boss got to go to a track and compare them on an M3 against Michelin Sport AS's. He said they actually did quite better. as for costco, i can't say yoru gonna get the best selection, and you probably could just get that much off most other places, but for alot of people, a tires a tire. then again since your posting a thread about this, i don't think your one of those people. michellin's and pirreli's are great, i'd avoid goodyear, bridgestone also makes an excellent tire. Kuhmo's perform quite well but don't have the greatest life.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Costco carries BFG and I got my KDW IIs there.

Don't dog them until you look at their selection. They were far cheaper than going with Tirerack and a local installer and give a road hazzard warranty with the tires.

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
If you do go to Costco and decide you're in for a penny, in for a pound, then buy the most expensive Michelin all-season they carry, and if it's not the top of the range, ask if they can get that for you instead.
IMO Michelin's carry more $$$ premium than their tires can back up.

Looking at what Costco shows online, looks like they pretty much carry the Michelin & BFG exclusively...

I wasn't impressed by their all-season options. :shrug:

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Costco carries BFG and I got my KDW IIs there.

Don't dog them until you look at their selection. They were far cheaper than going with Tirerack and a local installer and give a road hazzard warranty with the tires.
+1

·
Registered
0 Posts
p2's :tongue:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Costco only carries Michelin and BFG. If you are lookign for either of those brands they will probably have the best deal. Wondering how you are going to get 15% off though.

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
are they good in snow ? i remmeber those stock re`s in snow . i almost crashed :whoa: ... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts