Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm really new to forums never really did this but I have a question, I have a 2014 wrx limited with stock HID, couple weeks ago I hit a deer and the headlight cracked and than the next day it rained which made the bulb break so I need a new headlight and bulb however I see on some sites that a halogen headlight is like 175 bucks and the hid one is 780 bucks. would I be able to use the halogen headlight and put my new hid bulb in it? the hid motor works fine and the ballast is fine as well I'm just curious if I can get away with buying the basic halogen headlight and if so would you def be able to tell a difference ?

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. Reflector housings work against hid headlights by dispersing a focused beam. This gives you worse light to see, and burns the retinas out of incoming cars.

Check rock auto, you may be able to find a matching set there, or even import salvage yards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a set of protuninglabs.com came with new hid kit and both lights for pretty cheap its been a few months and the lights are solid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts