ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody stole my light off my 02 rex:(. Anyways, it was the one thats on the passanger wheel well. Its orange colored, anyone know where i can find one? Also, need suggestions on car alarms and preferrably remote start. Thanks!!

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Check the dealership. Don't get remote start.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Oh great, this argument again.

Remote starts on manual vehicles just aren't a good idea. Too many things that could go wrong.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But they make remote starts for manuel vehicles....If it wired correctly, what can go wrong?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
But they make remote starts for manuel vehicles....If it wired correctly, what can go wrong?
What if you leave the car in gear and try and start it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Instant stall? Possibly a slight jerk forward? Wouldn't stay on, that's for sure.

The way I sometimes um... "use" my e-brake, i don't trust it to hold the car when parked on an incline so I usually park in 2nd gear. No remote start for me!
There are dozens of stories on this board and NASIOC about how a little slight jerk ended up causing a disaster.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My buddy has a remote start on his manual toyota 4x4. I think it boils down to your habits and how forgetful you are. If you are forgetful you may send your car on an automated joyride through the parking lot.

Though I see this whole thing as more of a reflection on the intelligence of the operator, not the merits of the system itself.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Instant stall? Possibly a slight jerk forward? Wouldn't stay on, that's for sure.

The way I sometimes um... "use" my e-brake, i don't trust it to hold the car when parked on an incline so I usually park in 2nd gear. No remote start for me!
That's exactly my thoughts. I live in an area with a lot of hills and have to use the gear to park as well as turning the wheel. And sometimes people park so close, a lurch or a stall could ram my car into someone else. So same here...no remote start for me. Plus...if you really want to start your car and warm it up, get up, go outside, turn the damn key and start it. Takes an extra maybe...20 seconds? Lazy people in this world :rotfl:

My buddy has a remote start on his manual toyota 4x4. I think it boils down to your habits and how forgetful you are. If you are forgetful you may send your car on an automated joyride through the parking lot.

Though I see this whole thing as more of a reflection on the intelligence of the operator, not the merits of the system itself.
I agree here as well, but it's also a topic that we recently beat to hell in another thread. It's just one of those things. You have your naysayers, and your advocates. Those will do what they want with these...I just feel the possible negative affects outweigh the positive, ergo my stance on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why would Viper or any other company make a remote start that will start and crash because of one's inability to remember?? Clearly not smart, that's why they don't make them. If you put it in gear and try to start it, it wont start. Pretty simple.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I bought a remote start alarm for my manual that I decided not to install.If you want I can sell it to you.BNIB with a couple of sensors.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Why would Viper or any other company make a remote start that will start and crash because of one's inability to remember?? Clearly not smart, that's why they don't make them.
Why would car manufacturers make a car that you could forget to put in reverse, and drive off of a cliff?

Kidding. I wonder if insurance companies track "accidents due to malfunctioning remote-starts in manual transmission cars" statistics..? To be honest, it's probably pretty low.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Why would Viper or any other company make a remote start that will start and crash because of one's inability to remember?? Clearly not smart, that's why they don't make them. If you put it in gear and try to start it, it wont start. Pretty simple.
Why wouldn't Subaru put them on manual cars from the factory?

This argument could go on forever and ever. A lot of us here think they are a bad idea. Some don't think they're bad. It's your car so, if you like the idea and are open to the inherent danger then by all means install one. We aren't gonna hate you because of it :)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
If you leave it in gear, which I do everytime I park...it won't start...then it was a waste of money anyway :rotfl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts