ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
So this is pretty much all of the info I've heard about them. I got it off flat4engineering.com. I called Joe to ask about them and he said that they're not avaible yet and that they will cost around $3000:eek: . Anywayz here is some info about them.

This is an item from the SEMA trip that we found amazing. It is the new PRODRIVE coil over shock for the Impreza WRX and STI. AST stands for Active Shock Technology. This is the best active suspension on the market and the only one available for Subaru's. This system uses two accelerometers per coil over, one top, one bottom and sends the information to a central microprocessor. It computes a thousand times a second and makes adjustments based on input from each shock. You can go from your driveway to the Autocross course to the Rally cross course, and take your wife out to dinner with out making any adjustments. The system adjusts for you so you are always running the best setup regardless terrain changes or use changes. This system is expected out sometime in the second quarter of next year. If you are serious and would like to reserve a set please contact us, as we will be offering some sort of incentive program on these.

Active Shock Technology

The Prodrive suspension with Active Shock Technology™ brings fully functioning semi-active suspension technology to the aftermarket. Active Shock adjusts shock stiffness over 1,000 times each second. The Active Shock suspension can range from softer than stock to 10 times stiffer than stock and it adjusts on the fly. The Active Shock system adjusts shock valving 1,000 times per second based on information from sensors monitoring the position, velocity, and acceleration of the suspension components and the lateral and longitudinal movement of the car’s body.

Active Shock’s Ride State Aware™ algorithm continuously adjusts the amount of damping. The Ride State Aware algorithm can predict body and wheel motions before they occur. Active Shock doesn’t just react to bumps, it anticipates them, providing just enough resistance to prevent bottoming regardless of load and ride height. The result is a suspension that provides better than stock levels of comfort during daily drives and 10 times the resistance to bottoming, body roll, squat and dive during performance handling.

Active Shock Features:
· Adjusts suspension performance in real time to provide maximum performance driving capability
· Improves ride comfort during normal driving without sacrificing handling
· Monitors ride conditions and adapts in real time to improve grip and ride quality
· Optimizes understeer/oversteer balance during corner entry and exit
· Improves straight line stability
· Allows the driver to fine tune feel and performance level from the driver seat by selecting Comfort, Sport, or Race settings
· Allows damping to be adjusted for competition without rebuilding strut unit
· Compensates for changes in spring rate or wheel and tire configuration
· Reduces ABS intervention over irregular surfaces
· Handles largest bumps, jumps, and potholes without bottoming

Active Shock Includes:
· Four (4) semi-active, remote reservoir strut units with Eibach springs
· Wiring harness connecting the four struts to master control unit
· Upgraded rear shock mounts
· Ride State Aware Algorithm monitoring and controlling suspension performance
· Optional dash-mounted driver interface unit with integrated display and control panel

Availability: Mid-year 2004

-Jon-

P.S. I want them so bad
:D

·
Registered
880 Posts
svc said:
You're right. I should have said "out of my credit limit", but that's not true either. ~sigh~ I'll take 4
:)
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That's the spirit:D ;)

-Jon-

·
Registered
714 Posts
svc said:
You're right. I should have said "out of my credit limit", but that's not true either. ~sigh~ I'll take 4
:)
Since you clearly only "NEED" 3, I will be happy to kindly take the extra set off you.

What a nice little Sammy...always helping out da Jews!

·
Registered
880 Posts
analog_909 said:
Damn you and your GD chassis! I would kill to throw those on my car.
Dude you will be able to when they come out:D I asked Joe if they would fit on my car and he said, "yes". Since I have the same chassis as you, you should be able to. The only thing you have to do is order them according to YOUR chassis code.

-Jon-

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
DROOOOOOOL....some day and hopefully soon..We shall see young round eyes.

<----digs thru wallet looking for a credit card that is NOT maxed out.

Sigh, there are none....:(

Cmon powerball...:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts