Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See I allready have a s-afc in my eclipse, and when I trade it in that is coming off and going on to my wrx. So I was wondering has anyone had it tuned on a stock car and had hp gains?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I say keep it. I'm not sure how much benefit you will get on a stock WRX, but there are plenty of people who use this unit instead of the unichip (including myself). Since the sti injectors work w/ the stock ecu, you can use the SAFC to lean out your fuel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel like a dumbass for asking this but whats a MBC....That Drivers Image place is close to me I could go have everything tuned by them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
MBC stands for Manual Boost Controller. It's a simple ball and spring valve that controls air going to the waste gate. I sure you can find much info if you serach for it.

Some people have started using S-AFC to tune A/F mixture.
I myself have the Unichip and I'll probably drive to the East to get my car tuned after everything's installed.

Driver's Image is 5 minutes away from me. As far as I know, they don't have a dyno to tune the car. It would be nice if they get one though. I am having some parts installed by them this week.

I too had an Eclipse GST with 16G but got sick of being in 14s:mad:
OF course, I am a sucky driver and it's probably my crappy driving skill but it seems like AWD is helping me alot in that department.;)
Good luck.

Doug

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He y what year eclipse do you have? What do u have done to it. I'm actually pretty proud of mine, I just need something faster. I have a 2000 GT(yes a 3G). The cool thing was I went from running a 15.1 stock, to a 14.8 with intake and lowering springs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
150mph said:
He y what year eclipse do you have? What do u have done to it. I'm actually pretty proud of mine, I just need something faster. I have a 2000 GT(yes a 3G). The cool thing was I went from running a 15.1 stock, to a 14.8 with intake and lowering springs.
I had a 95 GST. I sold it though to get a WRX.
I had catback, fuel pump, 16G turbo, CFDF clutch, lightened flywheel, 1G BOV, aluminum intake and IC pipe, MBC, colder plugs, Nitto 450 on 17x7.5x45 Enkeis and S-AFC.
It was a fun car but it snows alot in Chicago and I was frustrated at not being able to put all the power down to the ground.
Also, there was that dreaded crankwalk to worry about although mine was OK.

Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts