·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The problem I've run into is the woofer will hit the inside of the door panel if it has much travel and you don't have a sub to run your bass separately.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
The problem I've run into is the woofer will hit the inside of the door panel if it has much travel and you don't have a sub to run your bass separately.

Yep.. my speakers fit fine depth wise, but with the spacers the cone surround would make contact with the door panel. I ended up taking a utility knife to my door panel and was able to remove just enough material to alleviate the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you have these setup in the back doors? And what are you running them with? Did you take a look at the Kicker 6.5" shallow mounts as well before deciding on the Daytons?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have these setup in the back doors? And what are you running them with? Did you take a look at the Kicker 6.5" shallow mounts as well before deciding on the Daytons?
They are going in the front doors. A member from nasioc made me some spacers to the CDT specs for the es-620. They will be powered with a old school kicker zr360.

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah ok cool! Sam did you fit the Daytons on the back doors?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Why would you run those in the back doors? Run good speakers in the front doors and filler speakers in the rear. You have less space in the rears so unless you're prepared to chop a hole through your door panel so the woofer can travel enough, it isn't going to work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's why I wanted to run these in the back as a filler for some mid bass and run some better coaxial or components in the front, so I take it that these will be too deep for the back doors even with a spacer?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts