ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking for a 52-60mm Wideband A/F gauge to mount on my pillar and this is the only one i can find.....

>>>>http://www.jscspeed.com/universal/electronics/aem_uego.htm

currently im not looking to use it to tune with,,,, but simply to monitor the A/F after i install the Accessport to be safe....it does have RS232 connnections for tuning with down the road but i was just wonding if this is an accurate/reliable guage and sensor

thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
It is probably just as accurate as any other wideband. they all use one of three different sensors. For the money, I would look into the techedge wideband. It is small enough to mount in the cabin(although it is square, and won't fit on an a pillar). It has way more datalogging features. I don't know which sensor the aem unit uses, but if it uses the ntk sensor, it is around 200 bux to replace it.

click here for techedge

·
Registered
677 Posts
My friend's older brother knows a guy who can make wideband O2 sensors from some kit for ~$200. He's running one in his Cobra right now. I'm going to try to find out more information about it. My friend said it is some sort of kit you buy online and splice/solder all together. It comes with the sensors and a computer type board that you solder everything too.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
That's the Techedge that rickyH was talking about. They sell it as either prebuilt or as a DIY kit that you solder together... good way to save money if you know what you're doing!

PM Bassman097 about the AEM uego. He has it and seemed to be happy with it from what i remember him saying...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'm almost positive the AEM uses the inexpensive LSU-4 sensor. I have the Techedge 2.0A that uses the LSU-4 sensor. I bought it prebuilt with the display for around $400 with shipping and the sensor. Good stuff.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well my friend and his brother worked for their dad fixing computers and stuff so they're expert solderers. I was talking to him about putting the little display down in the coin holder or whatever down on the left side below the cruise control/fog light switch if it would fit

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replys guys....ill check out those options and PM bass to see what he has to say...thanks and if anyone else can share some light on the AEM then please do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts