Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering If there is anyone out there who put a 15+ WRX engine, Trans and ECU into a 02-05 wrx chassis? Just curious as I can't find a single thread about it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4,041 Posts
Just wondering If there is anyone out there who put a 15+ WRX engine, Trans and ECU into a 02-05 wrx chassis? Just curious as I can't find a single thread about it.
Well, the wiring harness is going to be completely different for one thing.

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
lol why?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Because why not keep the older style car and make it new everywhere internally when it finally dies? Personally I just don't dig the appearance of newer wrx's quite the same.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Aside from maybe the transmission and heads you can buy just absolutely everything for that generation new. If I'm not mistaken Subaru still has new ej205 shortblocks.

The ej205 will last until the body rots off the car if you take care of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't doubt that.. I guess I'm just curious cause I figure the newer generation engine/ecu/transmission is just more advanced and capable and imagine it drives allot different.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
It has advantages, but it's failure mode is the rods, that's bad news. You may be able to save a block if a piston goes, a rod failed you'll have a nice giant hole in your block

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts