ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't tell if this should be in Cockpit & Cabin or Suspension and Handling, so I'll put it here. Mod can move to wherever they feel appropriate.

Anyway, I want to upgrade to some harnesses in my car because I realized how I'm all about handling recently. I love suspension upgrades and I want to be able to be in my seat now instead of bracing myself against various parts of my car in corners.

I think I want to keep it relatively simple and on budget, so I think I only want to do harnesses, or harnesses and a harness bar if necessary.

I know there are harnesses that attach to underneath the back seat and can clip off easily if I need to put people in the back seat.

What about ones with the bar like Rapid Roo had from Rally Innovations? Any feedback on that?

Thanks for the help.

-Josh

·
Registered
712 Posts
I like my ultra-cheap baby seat belt lock. If you don't have a baby seat handy, they're about $2 at Babies-R-Us. Once you get it set, it really holds your butt in place in the seat. Doesn't do a whole lot for your torso, but what do you expect for two bucks?

Josh

·
Registered
150 Posts
dielectric said:
I like my ultra-cheap baby seat belt lock. If you don't have a baby seat handy, they're about $2 at Babies-R-Us. Once you get it set, it really holds your butt in place in the seat. Doesn't do a whole lot for your torso, but what do you expect for two bucks?

Josh
How does this work? I'm not sure what you mean. :confused:

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay enough about me (triple post)

What harness set ups are the rest of your running?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
I think a harness bar (w/ a harness;) ) would be a great addition for auto/rally x, but for track days/HPDE's I'd be a bit nervous.

I like this one from AutoPower, but am having a tough time convincing the "boss":D

Big Sky

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Just make sure what ever one you go with that it is set up properly. The bar must be at 90 degrees. If it is not, you risk very serious injury to your back if you get into an accident while wearing the harness.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Interested......

I feel like I slide around in my seat too much, but of course that is just because I am taking turns too fast!!

-joe

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm thinking about buying these. I really wanna buy 2, cause I think it would look weird if my passenger didn't have one.

What do you guys think?

LINK

·
Registered
150 Posts
Trailboss said:
I'm thinking about buying these. I really wanna buy 2, cause I think it would look weird if my passenger didn't have one.

What do you guys think?

LINK
These look cool...how do they work? Do they still need to be bolted to the frame? Couldn't find install directions on the site :(

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
if you don't like things riding up (harness) i wouldn't get those. you might want to get one with a crotch belt. you won't really need it, but it will keep the belt lock where it should be. i'll suggest either simpson or g-force. you can get them through jegs. i think the g-force is pretty cheap too.

and you can go up to a 45 degree angle with the shoulder harness and bolt it down to the baby seat clips that are in the back seat.

if your tall i wouldn't get the harness bars cause i don't think you can put the seat back all the way (correct me if i'm wrong)

hope this helps.

·
Registered
150 Posts
bluerex47 said:
if you don't like things riding up (harness) i wouldn't get those. you might want to get one with a crotch belt. you won't really need it, but it will keep the belt lock where it should be. i'll suggest either simpson or g-force. you can get them through jegs. i think the g-force is pretty cheap too.

and you can go up to a 45 degree angle with the shoulder harness and bolt it down to the baby seat clips that are in the back seat.

if your tall i wouldn't get the harness bars cause i don't think you can put the seat back all the way (correct me if i'm wrong)

hope this helps.
Is it possible to get a 4-point belt that clips to the baby seat locks and blots to the bottom of the driver seat perhaps? I.e. something that is not perminate and does not require modding the interior? :) That would be sweet!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've got a pair of Schroth harnesses on my parts shelf. They will be going into my car most likely in 1-2 months when my Bride seat rails arrive and my Cusco roll cage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts