Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the harmon kardon sound system that came in the 16 sti limited. I got the car used & every time I got in the car I would have to remove then replace my usb thumb drive to get the reciever to recognize it. A few days ago I replaced my air filter, forgot to plug the maf & had to disconnect the battery to clear the cel. Ever since it won't read my usb except 1 time. I tried other usb & same deal. Once today the screen didn't turn on at all but if you hit power the radio would come on but not any station I recognize. I plan to contact the dealer but wonder if anyone else has had issues with this. I'm not sure if its under warranty because the car was certified preowned.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found removing the micro sd resets the head unit & sometimes allows the usb to be read. Definitely thinking the unit is malfunctioning and there is nothing I can do. Now I just need to locate my warranty info & contact the dealer. I moved another 25min (added to an already 1hr drive to the dealer) so I may try going to a closer dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts