ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I hear alot about people hard-wiring a radar detector in the WRX. Does anyone out there have a write-up of the install? I keep the detector above the rearview mirror and someone mentioned wiring it to the dome light. Thanks in advance.

GonzoWRX

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1203&highlight=hardwire+valentine

searching rules. Click the search button and then type what you want. I followed this pretty much exactly. Its very easy.

1st step-pull off dome light, let it dangle
2nd step-get out compass mirror wire( i trimmed the shielding a bit)
3rd step-attach splice into the yellow(check on that) wire
4th step-tape ground wire near hole where dome light screw will go through(sand/scrape off paint around hole, and test before screwing shut)
5th step-shove everything in
6th step-screw it in there
7th step-speed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, I am going to have to take a crack at it this weekend. Doesn't sound too hard. Wish me luck.

Gonzo

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Havn't had a chance to get to it yet, I just got out of the field at work. I will have to tackle it this weekend, I am not quite as high speed as others out there I diden't spring for the valentine (lets hope I don't regret it) I am installing a whistler hardired above my mirror. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Gonzo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts