ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aright....give me some opinions...SHOULD i get an EVO MR or an STI??? it is a hard decision for me...i love subarus but there's something about the MR that really captures my eyes...that and i was told they only produced a thousand MRs in the US and how great would it be if i was one of the owners of one out of a thousand...i need opinions...fast...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Evo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I am in the same boat as you also dude. I am getting a STI thou this weekend. From all my research and asking around people prefer the STI over the Evo. Even though the Evo is a faster car in the 1/4 mile. The STI to me is a more solid car. My friends complained about how Evos have weak factory clutches, and many unnessecary problems. So they'll be a new 05 STI owner here soon.
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
48,699 Posts
Have you actually driven both cars? One would think that this would shed some light...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,023 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Have you actually driven both cars? One would think that this would shed some light...
+1

How can you decide if you haven't drive each?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
i just read another sport compact review of the two cars. I'd probably still pick the STi. I haven't driven the EVO, but subaru has such a solid car with the WRX already. i like the torque which the EVO lacks, the STi is a tiny bit lighter, and I've heard of the EVO's having some minor irritating problems. I know a guy with an EVO, so i'm going to bug him eventually to let me get behind the wheel. hehe..

from what I've gathered, the EVO has better track manners, but i'm not too fond of its appearance. its a bigger car as well. a few inches longer, a couple wider, and an inch or two taller. i like the tighter appearance of the STi. the EVO is supposed to have slightly smoother handling in the twisties, but it seems to me that its a driver's style choice, some love the EVO, some love the STi.

the STi has more torque, more hp, and a seemingly more refined differential system. the DCCD is really fun if you get into driving it hard. it changes the handling that most people gripe about. The STi seems a little more solid overall. the interior looks sweet, too. the EVO's all black was, well, too black. the stock brake pads on the STi apparently feel better for daily driving. the STi's 6sp transmission is apparently bombproof, I've heard its even been used as an emergency replacement for pro rally cars, and that for consumer cars none have had serious problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Id go with the STI. With all of Mitsu's financial problems who knows how long they will be around!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
DTR rex said:
I am so sick of people saying "mitsu might go under because of all their financial trouble".... mitsu WILL NOT i repeat WILL NOT go under, they are much too large of a company. This "financial trouble" is actually helping you out because it means a better warranty and better incentives.
being a huge company doesn't mean jack. Worst case scenario- they fall off the planet. thats highly unlikely, but better warranties and more incentives cause them to lose money. they may gain customers, but they may lose more money in advertising, warranty freebies, free scheduled maintenance, interest rates, pricing, etc. it could be disasterous, unless some major changes are made. huge companies play a delicate balancing act, gobs of cash get thrown around like nothing, and if it goes unchecked can spell disaster. money isn't free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
also, the bigger the company, the more reliant it is on reputation. if the reputation falls through the floor, they won't be able to conduct business. reputation is HUGE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
bigd said:
being a huge company doesn't mean jack. Worst case scenario- they fall off the planet. thats highly unlikely, but better warranties and more incentives cause them to lose money. they may gain customers, but they may lose more money in advertising, warranty freebies, free scheduled maintenance, interest rates, pricing, etc. it could be disasterous, unless some major changes are made. huge companies play a delicate balancing act, gobs of cash get thrown around like nothing, and if it goes unchecked can spell disaster. money isn't free.

:baaa:

What they are doing is quite standard in the business/marketing field. They are having a lot of financial trouble, therefore they are trying desperately to gain a larger customer/consumer base. If they up the prices in order to make money THEN they will fall hard. In the mean-time they are just going to offer good incentive, good warranty, and try to come out with some new and inovative cars (new eclipose, galant, etc...) and by doing that they hope to build a better customer/consumer base and improve on reputability. Then they can start busting out the pocket books and making more "risky business" type decisions.

Nissan did the same thing about 4 years ago. They just had a really smart guy at the top to execute everything nicely.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
DTR rex said:
:baaa:

What they are doing is quite standard in the business/marketing field. They are having a lot of financial trouble, therefore they are trying desperately to gain a larger customer/consumer base. If they up the prices in order to make money THEN they will fall hard. In the mean-time they are just going to offer good incentive, good warranty, and try to come out with some new and inovative cars (new eclipose, galant, etc...) and by doing that they hope to build a better customer/consumer base and improve on reputability. Then they can start busting out the pocket books and making more "risky business" type decisions.

Nissan did the same thing about 4 years ago. They just had a really smart guy at the top to execute everything nicely.

I live in the town with the biggest Mitsu plant in the country and in the last year they have laid off half the workforce cut out a entire shift and going to cut another 300 jobs here soon.

Sounds like there doing real well. And there still talking about closing the place down.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top