ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i know its probably a dumb idea posting this on a WRX forum BUT..... its crunch time for a car and i want honest opinions..... E36 M3 coupe(blue or silver) OR 04' WRX(blue)...... I drove both and the M3 is faster and handles better.... a lot better but it lacks the BOOST! I just want honest opinions... thanks all!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Yawn.

BMW = Heavy uninspiring drive that gets high-maintenance gold digging chix that suck like Katelyn Kristine Faber.

STi = More fun in all weather conditions, better out-of-the-box performance, cheaper to mod / fix, and cooler chix that prefer substance over Gucci and glitter.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
That's seriously tough. I've never driven an E36, but I've driven an E46 and if they're anything alike, then there's no competition. However, it depends on your budget and your plans, really.

WRX pros and cons: Cheaper to modify and maintain. AWD, turbo, pretty, perfect, amazing, wonderful. 4 door helps if you're going to be cheuffer for your friends. Not as study as a BMW, paint kinda sucks, doesn't have that German feel.

M3 pros and cons: Parts are extremely expensive, N/A kinda sucks at altitude (like that even matters :rolleyes:), RWD (not necessarily a bad thing. It's less practical for weather and passengers. It's a freaking M3 and it's BEAUTIFUL, fast and handles well.

Such a difficult choice. Good luck figuring it out, and post pics either way!!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
We're talking about a regular WRX versus an M3, right?

If you're going to modify your car, get the WRX. If you're going to keep it stock, get the M3. If we're talking about an STi, get the STi no matter what.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
zoophagy said:
If you're going to modify your car, get the WRX. If you're going to keep it stock, get the M3. If we're talking about an STi, get the STi no matter what.
I'd say that's right on the money.

STi > Modded WRX > M3 > Stock WRX

·
1,816 Posts
Good luck making that e36 any faster. Its very tough to squeeze lots of hp out of an already high compression N/A engine, and a Dinan SC is big bucks. Its much easier and cheaper to mod the WRX. Which in the end, will allow for much more versatility.

If you want cred with your golfing buddies and you need a car to talk for you, get the BMW e36 M3.

If you happen to get a E30 BMW M3, then it is a different story. That E30 was a true homologation special made to take on Europes best on the touring car circuits.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have an Sti. But I'd grab the M3 in a heartbeat if it was the same price!

That being said, the Sti is the best value out there IMO. You have the 03 Cobras which kicks some serious butts too. You don't strike me as the type that might go for the SRT-4.

I think if you have the dough to go for a M3, you might be better off spending that on a Z06 or a AMG. :D

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
I thought a stock Rex was just as fast as a stock E36?

Well, in any case, I'd buy the Subie - unless you can find an M3 with 2,000 miles on it with lots of warranty left :)D ) for $2000.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
AsianWRX said:
I have an Sti. But I'd grab the M3 in a heartbeat if it was the same price!

That being said, the Sti is the best value out there IMO. You have the 03 Cobras which kicks some serious butts too. You don't strike me as the type that might go for the SRT-4.

I think if you have the dough to go for a M3, you might be better off spending that on a Z06 or a AMG. :D
dude that model M3 can be had easily for less than $20,000

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
The E36 M3 IS the better car... HANDS DOWN!

but like others have mentioned.... I rex can be had brand new where as the M3 is going to be used and they cost a considerable amount to maintain/fix.
if you can find an E36 with less than 30k miles, then go for that... otherwise just get a wrx.
and if you like the E36 and are willing to spend the money for a brand new wrx (about 24k) you might want to consider dropping the extra few thousand and then start comparing between 330ci and sti (slightly used)

if you like to/plan to mod... then get the rex... If you want a more refined car that is still very sporty but will please almost all your senses, look at the e36 or 330ci

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wonderspark said:
Yawn.

BMW = Heavy uninspiring drive that gets high-maintenance gold digging chix that suck like Katelyn Kristine Faber.

STi = More fun in all weather conditions, better out-of-the-box performance, cheaper to mod / fix, and cooler chix that prefer substance over Gucci and glitter.
Last thing i care about whren buying a car is girls haha.... I'm buying the car for pure pleasure...... driving pleasure...

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
i have two friends who have e36 m3's..both had 95..one sold it and got a 99 convertible auto m3 (also e36)...they both had a ****load of problems ....but both loved their car..with minor mods my wrx is faster than both of them ..bone stock i was faster than both 1/4 mile...its a cool car...worst part is that it will have miles on it..btw both cars have had major engine work done to it..i know another kid who blew his engine on an e36....i'd go with the rex unless you find one with really low miles...also if you have money to spend on fixing the car..it will start giving you problems..but than if you mod the rex it will give you problems too..

·
Registered
27 Posts
the m3 is better choice if you can find a 1999 e36 m3 with good condition and you don't mind it is an old model. personally, i enjoy more to drive a m3 than stock wrx.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts