Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experiancing hard starting? Example...the car takes an abnormally long time to turn over (even considering it already does compared to other cars), or it doesn't turn over at all the first time. The latter only happened to me once, but the prior has happened four or five times, including just five minutes ago... Does our battery really suck that bad? Or is it something else? I thought the car wasn't going to turn over this last time...again! Any input would be very helpful!

Brent

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it does turn over eventually... just once it didn't turn over the first try...then I let it rest for about a minute and tried again and it turned over fine. Obviously the battery and starter control the starting of the engine. I'm more or less trying to see if this has happened to other ppl. But thanks for the response anyways!

Brent

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I haven't had that happen to me at all. However I live in a warm climate that is conducive to quick starting...

Are you experiencing this on especially cold mornings?

My car actually seems to start VERY quickly! It's one or to revolutions of the starter motor and the car jumps to life on a cold start. The subsequent re-starts are slower - but still as quick as my IS300 was...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Usually for me it is a Rer Rer Vroom...
It isn't a instant but always turns over effortlessly
you shouldn't have to crank it for more than about 2 seconds...
after about 5-10 seconds you're talking posibly shortening the life of the starter.

?what were you playing with this time? :rolleyes: ;) :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just was curious if you got the aftermarket alarm in...
In reading it almost sounded like the car wasn't cranking at all. :(
If it was a particular scenerio I'ld blame the alarm :D :p

rule 342- blame some thing first & ask questions latter ;)

·
Registered
907 Posts
I havent had any hard starts but ive had starting problems lately. It would make an awful screeching noise when i try to turn the ignition on and then on the 2nd try, fine. Im not sure if anyone else has had this problem...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nexus6 said:
I havent had any hard starts but ive had starting problems lately. It would make an awful screeching noise when i try to turn the ignition on and then on the 2nd try, fine. Im not sure if anyone else has had this problem...
I have a hard time decerning what is ment some times by the use of "key" words ( badum ching:rolleyes: )

Ok...
1st there is "Off"
then "Aux" (radio works etc.)
then "On or Run" (fuel pump primes, coils hot, dash lit. etc.)
last "Start" this basically does one thing... Engauge Starter that turns engine...
take this with a grain of salt this is an average scenerio on a car...

If it is grinding on "start" it is usually a starter or fly wheel problem (bad)...
If it is in the inital "on" there is something odd very odd...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts