ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone heard anything about these tires??? the tire guy is trying to sell me tonite on these thats why i put this in this forum. I always thought hankook were $hit..but he says they are really good. Anyone know anything before i get some crap tires??? how do they compare to yoko es100s??..thats what i have now.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hankook tires are not crap. anymore. I don't have first hand experience with H405s, but I had their K104s on my car for about a year and half, and I can say that Hankook really makes some decent tires.

I'm on Falken Azenis right now, but I think I'm going back to K104s after I wear the Azenis out(which will be very shortly). Compare to the Azenis, K104 @ 35 psi had stiffer side wall than Azenis @ 40 psi with very slightly less grip in dry. And K104s will easily last close to 40,000 miles with proper rotation and good alignment. Bad alignment forced me to replace my K104s after 30,000 miles wit plenty of tread left in the rear tires.
Down sides to the K104s were the ride quality due to the sidewall stiffness(and my STi pinks set to full stiff) and road noise(about equal to Azenis).

I will really recommed Hankook K104s. Very nice street tires for the money. Good grip in both dry and wet. And fairly long lasting for a performance tire. AFAIK, K104 are only slightly more expensive than the H405s.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they have a much less agressive looking tread patter....ive heard that the h405s handle very well??? maybe im wrong...i am def looking forward to 40k miles for the hankooks...my es100s lasted a summer...thats it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts