Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Wondering how to adjust the handbrake on a 2017 WRX. Never done it before and I don't want to go spend money at a shop for something that seems pretty easy. Brake is starting to not hold as well.

·
MassSubaru
92 Posts
Hey guys. Wondering how to adjust the handbrake on a 2017 WRX. Never done it before and I don't want to go spend money at a shop for something that seems pretty easy. Brake is starting to not hold as well.
“There's 2 ways to tighten the Parking brake. The right way is to first adjust the shoes - it's done by turning (prying really) the adjuster star wheels that are inside each rear hub. Then if needed one can adjust the cable - that's easy and done at the base of the parking brake handle. A lot of folks ignore the shoe adjuster and do all the adjustment at the cable. Easier, but not as good for brake power and shoe life.

I'd take it to a dealer - it shouldn't be out of adjustment in a "couple months" and adjustment is under warranty.” - Alan

Check out more on this located at NASIOC https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241792

1 - 2 of 2 Posts