ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago my ride got nailed with hail... I have no garage at this time. I was wondering if there are " padded " car covers or something of that nature to protect my precious!

Any ideas?

Thanks. :(

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
I have the Subaru car cover, made for either the wagon or sedan. It's fairly padded, I have it unfolded and ready to put on in case of hail. Might stop some smaller dents. Did precious sustain any damage? :(

...another idea is to sacrifice your body and lay on your car when it hails :eek:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to throw myself on there!

Yes precious has many boo boos including my new CF hood which is ****ED. :mad:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom Martino says :thumbdown

"SO THE HAIL COVER GETS - SHAME"

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I keep a few comforters by my door incase it starts to hail. I used this method to save my RS a few times.

FTW

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
tasq said:
Tom Martino says :thumbdown

"SO THE HAIL COVER GETS - SHAME"
And Wes, the inventor, gets an Idiot of the Week award. "Shoot another ball of ice at my car at 60mph!"

·
Registered
249 Posts
I carry a couple of Fleece blankets in my trunk...they've saved my butt a few times and are great because when they get wet from the rain...they stick to the car and won't blow off....:cool: :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wrx-boy1 said:
I carry a couple of Fleece blankets in my trunk...they've saved my butt a few times and are great because when they get wet from the rain...they stick to the car and won't blow off....:cool: :D
not a bad idea :D

thanks for the suggestions guys!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
And when you arent using the blankets for hail protection you can use them to lay on the ground and make sweet sweet love on them.

FTW

·
Registered
410 Posts
My house got pummeled by that same storm. I am sorry you got hit. I actually saw the warning on the news and pulled my friend's freshly detailed 'for sale" Satrun out of the garage to put my RS in there. Her car got hit, but my car versus hers? No contest...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Matt Monson said:
My house got pummeled by that same storm. I am sorry you got hit. I actually saw the warning on the news and pulled my friend's freshly detailed 'for sale" Satrun out of the garage to put my RS in there. Her car got hit, but my car versus hers? No contest...
I would have done the same thing!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts