ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... today I took 4 co-workers for a ride at lunch . They didn't seem impressed! The car felt significantly slower due to the weight... has anyone eevr experienced this?? I never realised that weight REALLY slows you sonw

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are you stock? If so the extra weight can REALLY makes it feel as if the car is 10 times slower. Now that I'm stage 2 I cruise with 3 people pretty often and its alot less notice able. These coworkers dont all drive v8 beasts do they?

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

No my car is not stock... i have ecutek , echaust and downpipe. aprox 270 at wheels.. but ya it felt much slower!!

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes STI. 270 at wheels..

also my boost is set to 19.5 psi. I will show u my Dyno sheet..
stock my sti dynod at 235 at wheels...
and I have a exhaust .. downpipe too.. with the ecutek

·
Registered
423 Posts
dude, common sense dictates that when you have an added load of 600lbs your car will feel slower...no you car will be slower...

run 100 feet

then go and wear a backpack filled with rocks and do the same thing....let us know how you feel

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
SLOW4EAT said:
dude, common sense dictates that when you have an added load of 600lbs your car will feel slower...no you car will be slower...

run 100 feet

then go and wear a backpack filled with rocks and do the same thing....let us know how you feel
haha werd

·
Registered
473 Posts
How hot was it when you went for the ride? I took three other guys for a fun ride with me in my STi (just exhaust and rear sway bar) and they were all very impressed at the power , speed and handling of the car. It was night time so it was coller out, probably around 70-74 F. The whether definately plays a huge role in power output for our cars.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
80'

80ish... it wasnt really slow.. but not super fast like i made it to sound.. they expected a rocket!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Some interesting data you gentlemen might want to research further (we had a discussion on the following two theories last winter) .............

In an appx. 3000 lb vehicle with appx. 200 hp.... for every 70 lbs you add or subtract from the vehicle, you will add or subtract 0.1 sec. in the quarter mile (within a few hundred pound parameter).

For every 10 degree F deviation from a standard day (68 degrees F) you will add or subtract 1 percent total hp.

Discuss, debate, prove or disprove.
:cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Addendum to the above:

For every 5 to 7 flywheel hp you add to your stock Rex you will decrease your quarter mile time by 0.1 sec (only to a cumulative time of about 1 second - If you're running a 10 second Rex, this equasion clearly does not apply!):cool:

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
for every 10 ounces of fuel in the tank, subtract the standard deviation of the congregate derivative x, thereby proving the co-tangent factor to be greater than the value ot z whenver plots are graphed in the first or third quadrant. Then simply multiply the factor by pi R squared, root it, and solve the quadratic equation.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Crusing around with my dad ( he weighs 275 lbs) my STi is noticably slower. With 3 Adults plus myself, my STi it would be significantly slower.

They say that 100 lbs = 10hp but it could be more for an STi /WRX

But

You say your making 275 whp. If you had an extra
600 lbs in the car (6 X 10 hp = 60 hp) Your now only making
215 whp. Thats not going to impress a lot of people from a roll. Another factor is how smooth the power come on with an STi. Its speed can be decieving.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts