Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys seen these? I'm clueless when it comes to suspension mods, but if I use these spacers, like +5mm or +15mm, will I be able to use a lower offset wheel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes. Of course you'll need to cahnge your offset anyway because the stock wheel is 6 1/2" wide and most aftermarket wheels are 7-8" wide. My Mille miglia's are 17x7 with a +47 offset and they fit perfect, even with my H+R springs in. The stock offset is +55.

·
1,911 Posts
All8up said:
Have you guys seen these? I'm clueless when it comes to suspension mods, but if I use these spacers, like +5mm or +15mm, will I be able to use a lower offset wheel?
No, lower offset means the wheels stick out further. Higher number means more tucked in so spacers will not help you.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
supercharged73--

This is off topic, but do you have a sound clip of your HKS BOV?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wheel spacers lower the effective offset of the wheel you're running.

When I have ET50 wheels on the car with my 15mm spacers, it's as if I'm running a wheel with an ET35 offset.

Wheel spacers are bad new if you believe that Subaru wheel bearings are as fragile as they used to be, and are easily damaged by running lower offsets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Austin said:
Wheel spacers are bad new if you believe that Subaru wheel bearings are as fragile as they used to be, and are easily damaged by running lower offsets.
Are Subaru wheel bearings as fragile as they used to be, and easily damaged by running lower offsets? Seems like a risk not worth taking? What exactly is the ultimate payoff?:confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
jonowrx said:

Are Subaru wheel bearings as fragile as they used to be, and easily damaged by running lower offsets? Seems like a risk not worth taking? What exactly is the ultimate payoff?:confused:
The payoff for running 15mm spacers in the front of an AWD scoob is a wider front track, hence less understeer/better weight transfer. I've put maybe 30 autox's and a couple track days on my wheel bearings with an effective offset of 35... no problems yet. I'm still waiting for catastrophic failure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts