ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting some H & R Sport Springs for my 2011 WRX Premium. When researching on their site, I found the product and there was a side note that said "not for premium." I thought this was odd that they would fit the standard WRX and the Limited WRX, but not the premium. I called H & R and they said that it was due to the premium having a different "top hat" and that they did not fit. That was all the information that they could give me.

Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone have these on their 2011 premium? know a fix?

Thanks!

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
That's a surprise to me. I was under the impression that leather seats and HID headlights were basically the only differences in the Premium.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a surprise to me. I was under the impression that leather seats and HID headlights were basically the only differences in the Premium.
Yeah ... well the premium has the sunroof, fog lights, rear wing and winterpackage and the limited has the HID and leather. Otherwise, I was also under the impression that the body and shocks were otherwise identical.

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
oops, got the two mixed up. At any rate, I'm wondering if they're confusing it with the STi for some reason. As far as I know, all of the WRX's from 2011 AND 2012 are identical with the exception of the aforementioned amenities. Doesn't make any sense to me. I just got some RCE Black springs and RaceComp didn't care one bit what trim my car had. I have a premium as well BTW.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
I was looking into getting some H & R Sport Springs for my 2011 WRX Premium. When researching on their site, I found the product and there was a side note that said "not for premium." I thought this was odd that they would fit the standard WRX and the Limited WRX, but not the premium. I called H & R and they said that it was due to the premium having a different "top hat" and that they did not fit. That was all the information that they could give me.

Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone have these on their 2011 premium? know a fix?

Thanks!
Even if it did have a different size top hat (which it doesn't), it's the size of the upper spring seat that would have to be different, right? This makes no sense. I think H&R got this one wrong. Link?

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Even if it did have a different size top hat (which it doesn't), it's the size of the upper spring seat that would have to be different, right? This makes no sense. I think H&R got this one wrong. Link?
I had to look at their site also because I couldn't believe it, but sure enough it says "not WRX premium". I agree with you that they had to get this wrong.

Subaru Suspension Applications || H&R Special Springs, LP

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update: I called an online subaru parts store. The guy on the other end of the phone was cool and spent a lot of time with me. He looked at the springs, sprint seat and strut mount (top hat) and they all had the same part number for all 3 models of the WRX. Very confused, I called H & R back hoping to get someone else on the phone. I spoke to a guy who again just said that during R&D the sprints didn't work with the Premium model. He couldn't really tell me much else. When I told him about my conversation with Subaru, he actually got kind of pissy on the phone. When I asked him if he could find out what exactly the issue was with R&D he said that they (the R&D dept) didn't release that information to him ... again very weird.

I might just order them since I can get a really great deal on them. Worse case scenario ... I waste an afternoon.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
2008-2012 Springs will be the same. regardless of wrx model.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Just an update: I called an online subaru parts store. The guy on the other end of the phone was cool and spent a lot of time with me. He looked at the springs, sprint seat and strut mount (top hat) and they all had the same part number for all 3 models of the WRX. Very confused, I called H & R back hoping to get someone else on the phone. I spoke to a guy who again just said that during R&D the sprints didn't work with the Premium model. He couldn't really tell me much else. When I told him about my conversation with Subaru, he actually got kind of pissy on the phone. When I asked him if he could find out what exactly the issue was with R&D he said that they (the R&D dept) didn't release that information to him ... again very weird.

I might just order them since I can get a really great deal on them. Worse case scenario ... I waste an afternoon.
That kind of help right there, is probably exactly why I wouldn't buy the H&Rs. What good is R&D if they can't reproduce the info to you? My money would go to the company that did help me figure it out.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
+on the BS.I'm with Mikie,If they don't know what they are talking about ,then they do not deserve your business.All trims should have the same springs.

OP,if it is not a secret how much of a deal are you getting on the springs?And what is the drop?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
That kind of help right there, is probably exactly why I wouldn't buy the H&Rs. What good is R&D if they can't reproduce the info to you? My money would go to the company that did help me figure it out.
Makes me wonder if he even spoke with H&R and not just a distributor for H&R.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I was kinda thinking the same thing...possible it may have just been a warehouse guy or something even.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good point, I didn't think to ask. I called the Customer Service number on their website ... and assumed I was talking to the head quarters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts