ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my WRX last week...(love that car) it's an auto (needed something the gf could drive to). I noticed that while my car was parked on a 15deg incline driveway the tranny clunked LOUDLY when I shifted from PARK to REVERSE. Should I take it back to the dealership???

peace.
:cool:

·
Registered
495 Posts
sounds normal for an automatic. My tacoma does that when I'm on an incline. After parking it (depending if the ebrake is on or not) it would lunge(foward or back) depending on the incline. It's because you put the weight of the car on the transmission.( correct me if I'm wrong) When you put it from park to reverse, the transmission releases the stress and hits the gear hard. Nothing to worry about I think. Just apply the ebrake with more force that way it will prevent the car from lunging(sp?)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just like the soggy one said. Pull the ebrake and your good to go.

Dragonspeed007 said:
(needed something the gf could drive to).
Ya ok. Its ok to be lazy. 4EAT is nothing to be ashamed of.;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
here is my trick to parking on my GF's steep ass driveway, her older brother taught me after years of clunking in his truck, go up hill applying gas, put it in neutral and apply brake, pull up parking brake and let off brakes while still in neutral, put it into park, now when you come back out put it in R and then release the ebrake, no more lunging or clunking :D

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Mine "clunked" once on the driveway, scared the crap out of me!

Ero2: And they said driving an automatic requires no skill :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts