ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got some rims for my all seasons :) . Didn't want to settle for a rim everyone else has so I made my own, kinda ;) . I went ahead and polished the lip on a brand new set of Rota Tarmac II's in gunmetallic. I've always liked darker rims but I think they look best with some sort of polished lip to separate the rim from the tire. I'll post some more pics when they're on the car. Whatta ya think?

Before:

After:

Both:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PICS!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys:) . The weathers crappy so I just took a few pics after I mounted them in my garage. I'm running Continental Extreme Contacts, 235/45/17. Rim and tire came in at 42.5lbs and the stockers were 41.5lbs. I like em' :) .

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Looks great :) Kudos to your DIY-goodness! :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
rctimmy said:
I wonder if you should protect that lip with some clear coat or something. I have some polished aluminum parts on my car and they are oxidizing. I think a simple spray can of clear from an autoparts store would do the trick.
yeah... I was just about to say that you more than likely removed the protective coating on the lip... looks good though

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
Re: PICS!!!

Scuba_Steve said:
Rim and tire came in at 42.5lbs and the stockers were 41.5lbs. I like em' :) .
Damn that looks goooood. I mean like better than Ron Burgandy goooood! And not too bad only 1 lb heavier than the stock BBS!!!! Awesome!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Niiiiccceee :wiggles:

·
Registered
986 Posts
qoncept said:
One thing I don't understand, though, is why someone would get Rotas when they've got BBS wheels....?
to keep the $$$ bbs wheels free from rock chips and damage in the winter months. also to have another set of rims for winter tires.

steve looking good!

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
cnstman said:
to keep the $$$ bbs wheels free from rock chips and damage in the winter months. also to have another set of rims for winter tires.

steve looking good!
That's a very good point. I'd do the same thing quite honestly if I were to drive my car in the snow. Avoiding curbing a wheel is one thing, but having to drive in the snow or any other hazardous weather condition is something else entirely.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Winter rims are especially important on roads where cities/counties/hwy/freeway crews routinely use rocks, de-icing stuffs...its murder on rims, the stuff gets everywhere.

I have always used a clear, non-cleaner wax on rims, it offers the best protection.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts